Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
emailing mobi files

If I email a mobi file to myself and try to open it on the Fire it says it's unable to find a viewer for mobi.

Anyone having any luck emailing a mobi book.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
Assuming you are sending it via yourname@kindle.com it shows up in the Documents tab. If it's in an email as an attachment which you are trying to open that may be why you are having that problem.
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickredding View Post
Assuming you are sending it via yourname@kindle.com it shows up in the Documents tab. If it's in an email as an attachment which you are trying to open that may be why you are having that problem.
Yes I was emailing as an attachment. It was a news feed from Calibre. When I would email it to myname@kindle.com Amazon treats it as a document and the formating wasn't what I wanted. I tried emailing it as epub and it opened ok in Mantano. I thought I would be able to send a mobi file and the kindle app would be able to open it.

Carol
Old 11-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
OK you said book, not news feed. In this case will have to follow the instructions for getting Fire to recognize a side-loaded document that doesn't arrive via USB or Kindle email. See for example https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=89
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickredding View Post
OK you said book, not news feed. In this case will have to follow the instructions for getting Fire to recognize a side-loaded document that doesn't arrive via USB or Kindle email. See for example https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=89
Yes, since I emailed the mobi file that's why I said book, sorry.

I saw Blossom's post and was able to open the file using her/SCION's tip. I think in the future though I'll just have the newsfeeds sent in epub format and I can just open in Mantano right from the email attachment. Less steps to go through.

Carol
Old 11-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Yes, since I emailed the mobi file that's why I said book, sorry.

I saw Blossom's post and was able to open the file using her/SCION's tip. I think in the future though I'll just have the newsfeeds sent in epub format and I can just open in Mantano right from the email attachment. Less steps to go through.

Carol
I think I will send Amazon feedback on this. Let them know they need to associate mobi files to open with Kindle by default. If Mantano can do it so can they.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-22-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I think I will send Amazon feedback on this. Let them know they need to associate mobi files to open with Kindle by default. If Mantano can do it so can they.
Good idea. I think I will too. I'll also ask them to give us control over the carousel. How many items show up and the ability to delete items from it.

Carol