Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Reminder: Paris meet-up on 25th October 2008. [Paris, France]

Remember, the second Parisian apéro is coming soon.

WHEN

It's on SATURDAY, 25 OCTOBER 2008

from about 18.30 (6.30pm)

WHERE

LA TROTTINETTE
Sicilian bar / restaurant

23, rue de la Fontaine au Roi
Paris 11th arrondissement
Métro Goncourt (line 11)
or if you prefer Parmentier (line 3) or République (lines 3, 5, 8, 9, 11)

The plan is that we meet for drinks at about 6.30 and some of us will stay and dine there. The proprieter cooks fresh Sicilian food: home-made pasta and bread, with exclusively fresh ingredients, around 60% organic products. lots of vegetables which will make the vegetarians happy for once ! but the carnivores can have a steak if they prefer ! appetizers are at 7.50€, main course 12€, dessert 6€ (glass of beer 2.50€).

RSVP

Zelda reminds us that we should:
"PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR PRESENCE AND WHETHER YOU PLAN TO HAVE DINNER OR NOT by leaving a message in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28720
i have to give him some more definite numbers a few days in advance ; it's a small place, and as everything is made to order with fresh ingredients, he wants to be sure to have the right quantities on hand."

Click image for larger version

Name:	rest-80615-1.jpg
Views:	43649
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	17159
http://www.cuisine-francaise.com/fic...ette-paris.htm

Zelda dit:

MR apéro à Paris : Le Retour !!! 25 octobre 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hé oui ! après le succès retentissant du premier apéro MobileRead à Paris, et à la demande général, nous ne pouvions que remettre ça ! c'est donc avec une joie sans bornes que nous vous annonçons l'Apéro MR, bis !!

Sortez donc vos agendas : le deuxième apéro aura lieu

SAMEDI, le 25 OCTOBRE 2008

et en plus des énergumènes habituels, nous aurons pas un mais DEUX invités surprises (au moins) !!! vous ne voulez pas rater ça !!!

en plus, nous avons prévu ça un samedi ce coup-ci, pour les courageux qui n'habitent même pas la capitale mais feront le déplacement exprès. (d'ailleurs, certains n'habitent même pas la métropole. petit indice pour ceux qui voudraient essayer de deviner l'identité des invités suprises... alors vous voyez, vous les parisiens / banlieusards, il n'y a pas d'excuse qui tiendra !)

merci de laisser un petit mot ici pour nous dire que vous venez (notez que j'ai pas di "si" ; je compte sur vous ! car sinon je serai vraiment déçue), avec quelle liseuse, et à combien, histoire qu'on puisse prévoir le coup.

LE LIEU

ça y est, je nous ai dégotté un petit endroit de choix !! le bar où nous avions fait ça la dernière fois faisant concert le 25, nous déménageons à

LA TROTTINETTE
bar / restau sicilien

23, rue de la Fontaine au Roi
Paris 11ème
Métro Goncourt (ligne 11)
ou éventuellement Parmentier (ligne 3) ou République (lignes 3, 5, 8, 9, 11)

on y boit et on peut y manger aussi : ils proposent une cuisine sicilienne à base de pâtes et de pain MAISON, avec des ingrédients frais exclusivement, à environ 60% d'ingrédients bio. beaucoup de légumes ce qui plaira pour une fois aux végétarien(ne)s ! mais les carnivores pourront aussi manger un steak s'ils veulent. les entrées sont à 7,50€, les plats à 12€, les desserts à 6€.

ATTENTION, LA TROTTINETTE N'ACCEPTE PAS LES CB !!! chèques ou espèces seulement. Donc prévoyez le chèquier ou passez au distrib' avant !

je vous propose de lancer ça vers 18h30 ou 19h en apéro si ça vous arrange et puis ceux qui le souhaitent pourront manger sur place.

MERCI DE ME CONFIRMER VOTRE PRESENCE ET SI VOUS SOUHAITEZ DINER OU NON en laissant un message dans ce fil ;
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28716
comme tous les produits sont frais, je dois donner une indication (même approximative) de la taille du groupe et des couverts quelques jours à l'avance, histoire qu'il ait de quoi faire sur place.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:27 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm afraid I can't make it, as I'll be washing my hair on the 25th, and, also, there's that "whole other side of the world" thing that gets in the way.

But, rest assured, I'll be thinking of you all, and setting aside a personalised, little bit of jealous venom for each and every one of you that attends (I'm a very petty man ).

Take photos!

Cheers,
Marc (I'm having an MR-meetup in my pool in half an hour. Please RSVP-with-beverage-request in the next 15 minutes so I can have your drink ready)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
yeah, unfortunately I can not make it neither...
You see,
Previously I lived in Belgium,about 2 hours away from paris by train; I would have come if it wasn't for the fact that all computer techies lived in USA.
Now that I'm here, it's hard indeed to go back for a visit,dam...
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:32 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I will be there. On my way to Paris now!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:25 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
YAY !!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #6
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Same as you, Zelda.
Seeing Alexander's message this morning made me think about the week-end while working. It's always easier on Friday when you think about the week-end
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Same as you, Zelda.
Seeing Alexander's message this morning made me think about the week-end while working. It's always easier on Friday when you think about the week-end
definitely. so, when are you taking the train ?
Old 10-24-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've now arrived in Paris and I'm looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

i'm getting excited !
Old 10-24-2008, 03:31 PM   #10
Patricia
Reader

So am I!!!
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm getting excited !
Are Bookeen people coming again? It would be nice to get some type of update on what they are doing. Like are they "really" going to release and update with Folder support in the library browser.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

in theory yes. but i haven't had any recent news, so i can't confirm. but probably yes.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:22 AM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Arrived yesterday afternoon and spent a few hours strolling through St Germain. So nice here!!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Arrived yesterday afternoon and spent a few hours strolling through St Germain. So nice here!!
Wow... one nice thing about Europe is a quick train ride for a decent fair and you can be in another country overnight. We just don't have that advantage in the US.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:51 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Wow... one nice thing about Europe is a quick train ride for a decent fair and you can be in another country overnight. We just don't have that advantage in the US.

BOb
i have to say, having spent time in six different airports over the course of 3 weeks recently (including 4 hours in Detroit, where among other things i demo-ed my eb1150 to the Borders employee and had a long discussion about ebooks in general. the 505 was selling like hotcakes, apparently), i really appreciate our trains even more than i did before.