Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-28-2008, 02:18 AM   #1
thorswitch
Clueless (but nice!) Newb
thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Trouble connecting to Sony eBook store

I'm having trouble with reaching the Sony store using the CONNECT software. Every time I try I get a message saying "Page not available" and giving me the option of going to the Sony eBook store home page (which is where I was trying to get to in the first place, so that link doesn't work) or to Customer Service, which is, of course, currently closed.

I *can* get to it via the web, but, of course, you have to be using the software to download anything.

Also, for some reason, my minimize and close buttons in the upper right corner of the software are missing.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software - I even uninstalled it, ran 2 different registry cleaners until both came up with 0 errors, ran CrapCleaner and another drive cleaner, rebooted to make sure any files that might have been open were closed, re-ran all 4 of the cleaners, reinstalled the software, and it STILL came up with no close or minimize buttons and unable to connect.

Any suggestions?
thorswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Does your Connect/Ebook Library have a little open book Icon on the top left of the page? You can click that for restore/minimise/ full view.

Someone else has had your problem, and a solution is discussed here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25659

Let us know whether it works for you.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
thorswitch
Clueless (but nice!) Newb
thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thanks - that helped with at least part of the problem. I didn't have the little book icon you mentioned, but when I went to the other thread, I followed the steps for turning off DEP for eBook Library and that at least got me my controls back (including the book icon.) I still couldn't connect to the store, so I followed the other set of instructions to do a clean reinstall, but that didn't help with connecting to the store, either.

So as it stands, I do have my controls back, but I still can't reach the store...
thorswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Some advice on installing ebook library:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26849
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24827
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote