Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #61
2bits
Enthusiast
2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.2bits writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Touch N905, Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

... Did you read all of my post? The bit were it says "And you can change the stored size to use for any book on the device."? The values for each book are stored in the database. Specifically in the "content_settings" table. I know I have discussed this before and I thought it was in this thread.
Sorry, I do appreciate your help and guess I did not express my thought as clearly as I thunk it.

Firing up a pc and editing sqlite databases, while it is the option available now, for a few users and is a useful workaround
was not my fantasy of someone changing a few table values
(at the kobo firmware level?) thereby correcting the problem for every user who could then adjust fonts to suit with only 3 touches of the screen

(I was fixed on the idea that it is reasonable to expect an included feature would work as expected)

As it exists now it feels a bit like a shoe store offering a customer with size 9 feet a choice of shoes size 8 or size 10 while there are size 9s in the back if someone would just fetch 'em

while - well intentioned neighbours are explaining how stretchers or multiple pairs of socks might do the trick
2bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:52 AM   #62
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Good point. I used simple regular epubs.

So you think readingOrphans/Widows=0 is working for kepub.epubs?
I'm really not sure - I would need to read a lot more books (ideally ones that I had noticed the white space with previously with the same format) to be sure. As I don't see a problem at present I wasn't going to carry out a detailed comparison check. It could be that some other setting in the (rather complicated) css for the book I'm reading means there isn't any surplus white space at the bottom of the page.

Try it yourself and see if you think it makes a difference.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert