Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #16
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks, bought it as promised.

Can I PM you if I find typos / issues in your book?
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #17
Valdieron
Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Awesome!

For sure, let me know of any discrepancies, especially with typo's / formatting, as like I said, there seems to be a few formatting gremlins I may need to iron out. I also think that at one point one of my words came out as SSSStunned instead of just stunned hehe.
Valdieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:43 AM   #18
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm halfway through the book and I like it a lot so far.

EDIT:
Finished the book today. Kind of a cliffhanger to find out at the end of the book that it's actually part of a series. I didn't notice it saying so in the cover, and it's not mentioned in the description, and even in your thread here you mentioned "epic journey from beginning to end". Please adapt that, otherwise you risk disappointing readers who aren't expecting a series.

The beginning was great, looking forward to the next book...

Last edited by frostschutz; 10-24-2010 at 01:03 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #19
Valdieron
Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Valdieron can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Woot! My first review :)

Awesome review and rating, thanks mate.
I am glad you liked it, I can assure you there is more action in the second book
I will amend my descriptions so that it clearly states it is Book 1 of a series

:t hanks:
Old 11-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #20
Valdieron

Post My reviewer challenge!!

[size=10]I have a challenge for reviewers out there.[/size]

The challenge is simple.... review my ebook on any ebook site! :lol:

"That's a crappy challenge, what's in it for me?" I hear you say. :P
Well that depends what you want to get out of it?

Demon Gates is Book 1 of the Nexus Wars Saga. This series will be a 5-7 book series. Anybody who reviews Demon Gates on the site they download from, before midnight 31st December 2010 AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) will be in the running for the following:

1st Prize: One free eBook copy of EVERY future book in the series, a week before it is available for anybody else. PLUS, if the book becomes available via a non-POD publisher, the winner will receive 1 free copy of the printed version.

2nd Prize: One free eBook copy of EVERY future book in the series, at the same time it becomes available to everybody, with the exception of Book 2, which they will receive a week before it becomes available to anybody else.

3rd Prize: One free eBook copy of Book 2 when it becomes available.

Note: Book 2 is currently in the editing stage, with a New-Year release planned.
For reviewers who also have books for sale, I will select some to be linked on my website robertdaybooks.com.

Let me tell you a little bit about my Epic Fantasy novel, Book 1 of the Nexus Wars Saga....

Demon Gates is set in the realm of Kil'Tar, a magic-rich land with a long history of bloody war between the Kay'taari and the Ashar'an. Aided by Dragonkind, the Kay'taari have protected the world against the Ashar'an and their demonic followers for many centuries. With demonkind banished to the Voids, and the Ashar'an all but destroyed, Kil'Tar has settled into an era of peace.
However, the seals binding the portals to the voids are breaking, and the Ashar'an no longer hide, for the Kay'taari have ceased to abide on Kil'Tar.
Can Valdieron, a young man raised in the small village of Shadowvale, fulfill his destiny and rid the lands of this menace once and for all, or will he falter, and condemn Kil'Tar to demonic destruction?

You can get Demon Gates here:

Amazon.Com

Smashwords.Com

Amazon.co.uk

Happy reading.

~Robert Day
Old 12-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #21
Valdieron

I have also dropped the price for Demon Gates, to USD$0.99c on amazon, and $1.99 on smashwords. I am hoping this gets me a few more views and downloads.

Cheers,
~rob
Old 12-02-2010, 01:37 AM   #22
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
amazon does not force drm on their authors. i have a couple non-drm kindle books on my kindle for pc software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Even if they had my format (I'm one of the epub people) I wouldn't buy from Amazon because they force DRM on their authors. I flat-out will not buy DRM-restricted ebooks, no matter how badly I want that book. I've had paper books all my life, and I can continue to read paper books.
i'll bite - why a buck more on smashwords? just curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdieron View Post
I have also dropped the price for Demon Gates, to USD$0.99c on amazon, and $1.99 on smashwords. I am hoping this gets me a few more views and downloads.

Cheers,
~rob
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:12 AM   #23
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
amazon does not force drm on their authors. i have a couple non-drm kindle books on my kindle for pc software.

see the red text here.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #24
Valdieron

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post

I'll admit that when I published on amazon I was naive about the drm. I wish I had not set it to yes, but what's done is done. I can change to 'no' by unpublishing and re-publishing, but seriously, what's the big deal? You pay 99c for an eBook that you MIGHT have to re-buy at some point in time? budget-breaker indeed.

As for the $1.99 on smashwords, well the price there has to be more than amazon, so thats what I set it at
Old 02-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #25
drewn
drewn began at the beginning.

Device: Kingle
Just read both of Roberts books and enjoyed them both, now waiting for the third one to come out. Robert can you let me know when the third one will come out and how many are planned for the series?
Thanks
D
drewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:43 AM   #26
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm - looks interesting. And an Aussie too. I've got the first two books on my wishlist.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #27
Valdieron

Awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewn View Post
Just read both of Roberts books and enjoyed them both, now waiting for the third one to come out. Robert can you let me know when the third one will come out and how many are planned for the series?
Thanks
D

Wow, you were quick! I hadn't even posted on here that Book 2 was available Sorry, you would have purchased a slightly inferior copy, which I have since updated with a few fixes. I am glad you liked, however!!
As for book 3, well it is on the 'writing table', so to speak. Going to be quite a while, I think, before it is ready, but I will be keeping people posted on my website, and possibly making available snippets

Many thanks for posting and reading.

~Robert Day
www.robertdaybooks.com