Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thumbs up Kobo shop uses local currency

All the other shops I bought e-books from had prices marked in dollars, which were actually US dollars, so I had become used to allowing an extra 25% or so for currency conversion and credit card fees.

I just noticed on my credit card statement that the Kobo shop is the exception, the dollar price I paid was actually NZ dollars, so not only cheaper than I expected but no fees either.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Yes Geoff it's good for us Aussies too showing in AUD and no conversion fees as you say.

Amazon's got such a cheek the way they don't show AUD when the member is Aus based.

You don't know how much your bill actually is until you get your card statement because the whole transaction is in USD and they don't show a conversion rate as part of the process.

Amazon sucks for doing that.

I use their website in order to compare prices - but only buy using a US VPN which also means that I get the book at the price being offered in the US + it's actually available.

I'm sure you've also found that many books available, and at cheaper prices, in the US are not available in NZ.

Also, Kobo's voucher cards have been just soo good lately, and also Books on Board, so Amazon's competition is stiff for the books I'm interested in!!

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-08-2013 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Spello correction
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
As far as I know, it's also using local currency here - and the pricing seems very reasonable too!

They might have a 'few' software issues, but on hardware and international sales slickness - I must say Kobo has impressed me
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:12 AM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
And we can change our country in the My Account/Payment info section and therefore beat geo-restrictions without having to use a VPN which is a plus as well.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote