Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
bassett520
bassett520 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs 505
Marking read books on Sony prs505

I have a Sony PRS505 with nearly 350 books on it. I have read 3 but is there anyway to leave them on my reader and mark them as read?
With so many books I know that I won't remember down the road or maybe would like to reread it so I don't want to delete books.

Anyone know what I can do? Thanks.
bassett520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
jharrison
jharrison began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch; iPad
I would suggest you make a folder using the Reader Library Software and call it something like "Books Read" and put the titles in that folder. Then when you don't know if you read that book or not when searching through all your titles, you can see if it is listed in the folder.
jharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Or you could make a Collection on your reader, and after reading a book connect to your computer and place the title in the Collection (perhaps that's what jharrison was suggesting).

I'm curious, though - why leave the book on the reader if you don't want to read it again? Why not delete it and replace it with another book you want to read? The books stay on your computer so it's not as if you're actually losing them when you delete them from your reader.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The way to know you've read a book is when you go into the book, you will be at the back of the book.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:13 AM   #5
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Not sure if this helps, but what I personally do is use calibre... then after reading a book, I add a tag called "read" to the library version of the book. It's actually quite useful 'cause i sometimes forget what the hell I read a month ago. Hell, I have issues remembering what I had for breakfast.

I don't see the use in keeping all those read books on the device itself. That's why you have library management software, (like calibre)... to manage your library. I like to keep my reader clean and simple with only about a dozen or so books on it.
mukoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert