Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
RogerCo
RogerCo doesn't litterRogerCo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Another to benefit from Christmas

Hi from the UK everyone.

I got my Sony 505 for Christmas, and I've already downloaded several books and read a couple, and that's before discovering MobileRead.

This site is fantastic - I just love the quality of presentation of the books I've so far downloaded which are primarily mystery books such as Sherlock Holmes and Father Brown and have been prepared by HarryT - thanks Harry! Much nicer to read than the Project Gutenberg books. In time I hope I can learn to prepare ebooks to add to the store.

I was also pleased to see Calibre with which I'm getting to grips and which looks more useful than the Sony Library software. Thanks Kovid!

I thought I might change my user title to "Happy Reader" but I guess we're all that so "Junior member" will suffice!

Roger
RogerCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Roger!

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Roger and welcome to MobileRead. As you've discovered, there are many treasures to be found here --- books, software, information, and a grand gang of new friends.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Welcome Roger, lots of great resources here and great people. Have fun.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:04 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Roger and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 a year ago and am hopelessly addicted. Expect you will be too.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #6
DebT
Enthusiast
DebT began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Welcome!!!
Happy Reading!!!
DebT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #7
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Roger Roger, over. 10-4.

*chuckles*

Yes, MR is an excellent place to be.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote