Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-06-2016, 05:27 PM   #766
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummybear View Post
After installing some different firmware versions, I got to the following results: In 1.7.3 some change was introduced, that makes some android apps displaying css-formatted pages, to lose formats such as bold or underline, but still retain others like italic.

Those apps display text properly with firmware 1.7.2, but in 1.7.3 and 1.7.4, when the page is displayed, it shows properly, but immediately it changes losing bold and underline, as I said above.

A good app to test this bug is the following: https://goo.gl/csa5Si
Is there a way to downgrade to 1.7.2?
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:58 PM   #767
johh
johh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I86HD ML Plus , T68
Is it possible to publish newer firmware versions ( publicated already by onyx in china version of site ) from 21.01.2016 for t68 i86plus etc somewhere where we can also download it ?
johh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:19 AM   #768
dummybear
dummybear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dummybear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dummybear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
Same problem here... I was using Gitden Reader for EPUB3 reading, but after the last Boox update is a big problem...
Evernote is also affected.

I sent them a bug report to the contact email, sales@onyx-international.com. They replied very kindly, saying it had been forwarded to their technical department.

So maybe if you guys having the same problem send another email, it will help them to have more info about the problem, and also to realize that there are many customers having the issue. It might be helpful to get a faster solution.
dummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:13 AM   #769
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I forgot to update the thread. I wrote to Booxtor.
They answered me that a fix will be in next firmware release (two weeks).
Old 02-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #770
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Any possibility to update and improve the first post? It's damn outdated!
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:07 PM   #771
dummybear
dummybear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dummybear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dummybear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Looks like those "two weeks" are getting a bit long. In the meantime, for anyone willing to download firmware 1.7.2, you can get it here: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqF3SuK

You need to be in China to be able to download it directly, but if you put the link in JDownloader, it will get it for you.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:02 PM   #772
nar001
nar001 began at the beginning.

Device: M96C
It's sad to think that now that the new N96 ML and the MAX are coming out, the M96 will probably be unsupported. Also, no new updates to the 4.4 rom + the newest devices still use 4.0.4 so there probably never will anymore.
nar001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:45 AM   #773
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

I tried to downgrade but I got a *lot* of troubles with the Play Store, so I had to upgrade again... waiting for the new Booxtor firmware...
Old 04-16-2016, 07:28 AM   #774
helour
Enthusiast
helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Onyx M96, Kobo Glo HD
M96 1.7.4 update, Onyx Neo Reader (v. 1872) text search issue

Hello,

I have serious problem with the search function in the latest Onyx Neo Reader. It doesn't work. Instead of searched text it displays "Loading Document" with rotating circle.

In the OnyxReader (with the pdf plugin) text search works normal.
helour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:28 AM   #775
helour
Enthusiast
helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Onyx M96, Kobo Glo HD
M96, Neo Reader, text search problem is resolved in the latest update

Hi,

text search problem is resolved in the newest version 1.7.5_rc1.
helour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #776
dummybear

Too bad. I just installed 1.7.5_rc1 from Onyx website, and it still has the bug of losing bold on HTML rendering.

Besides that, it seems to be more responsive than previous versions. It's a pity they didn't care to fix that bug we were complaining about.

Last edited by dummybear; 05-18-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:12 AM   #777
dummybear

Quote:
Booxtor firmware still having the same bug. Are they going to fix it or not?
Old 05-20-2016, 06:10 AM   #778
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummybear View Post
Too bad. I just installed 1.7.5_rc1 from Onyx website, and it still has the bug of losing bold on HTML rendering.

Besides that, it seems to be more responsive than previous versions. It's a pity they didn't care to fix that bug we were complaining about.
Ouch. They told me the bug could be fixed before march...
Old 05-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #779
anton_dys
anton_dys began at the beginning.

Device: M96M Zeus
Quote:
Ouch. They told me the bug could be fixed before march...
That's really strange..
Dear Booxtor, are you aware of this issue?
anton_dys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:23 AM   #780
AlejandroA
AlejandroA began at the beginning.

Bugs with scribble

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have recently updated in my M96 to version 1.7.5 and have found I huge bug with Scribble: not only has the update erased all the data in NeoReader and my library, but also I seem not to be able to preserve my writting in any document after I close it. I will try t update again and then I will downgrade to older versions, but I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem.
AlejandroA is offline   Reply With Quote