Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #16
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
I don't know if it's related to my hacking, but since after turning my Touch off yesterday
it has refused to turn back on. The only feedback I get from it is a green light when I plug
it into my computer. I had the same problem the day after I first bought my Touch, but it
eventually turned on after I let it charge for awhile. I'm not sure what to think.
Did you try resetting it with the small hole in the back and holding the home button? I haven't looked at what the pygame installation does, but the tweaks plugin doesn't do anything during boot.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #17
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
Did you try resetting it with the small hole in the back and holding the home button? I haven't looked at what the pygame installation does, but the tweaks plugin doesn't do anything during boot.
Yes, I've tried the reset button and holding the home button. No response at all.
The pygame plugin doesn't do anything at boot. I've really only added a few lines to your
tweak's code. And my Touch no longer shows a green light. Apparently it's done "charging."
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
debiatan
debiatan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
That's great! I also managed to get python running in the kobo touch. My approach was to take the necessary arm debian packages to have a fully working interpreter:
Code:
libncurses5_5.7+20081213-1_armel.deb
libncursesw5_5.7+20081213-1_armel.deb
libreadline5_5.2-3.1_armel.deb
python2.5_2.5.2-15+lenny1_armel.deb
python2.5-minimal_2.5.2-15+lenny1_armel.deb
python-minimal_2.5.2-3_all.deb
readline-common_5.2-3.1_all.deb
and build a KoboRoot.tgz from them.
debiatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #19
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by debiatan View Post
That's great! I also managed to get python running in the kobo touch. My approach was to take the necessary arm debian packages to have a fully working interpreter
That works too! I'm sure there are several ways python could be installed on the Touch.

For anyone using pygame on the Touch (maybe on the Glo and Mini too?), you might be
able to get pygame to recognize the touch screen as a mouse input if you export the
environment variable SDL_MOUSEDEV before running your script:
Code:
export SDL_MOUSEDEV=/dev/input/event1
This is completely untested (I don't have a Touch anymore), but it just might work.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, hack, kobo touch, pygame, python