Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #16
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Thanks for the news of the Amazon Local offer!
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #17
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

Other music news has the Amazon Cloud Player now available for iOS. I like it much better than iTunes. I'm using it as I type - listening to Fantasia on my iPt4.
how come?
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:36 AM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
how come?
I listen to music in several ways. My primary method is streaming internet radio stations like Pandora, TuneIn Radio, HiDef Radio, etc. For that, I'll generally use either my PC or docked iPod touch. If I want to listen to a specific song, then I'll play it on YouTube.

My CD collection is ripped to MP3s and I listen to it on my PC or Sansa Clip Zip. I don't load these songs to either of my media players (Galaxy Player, iPod touch), because those devices are too large to carry around on a daily basis. Streaming is more than adequate for these devices, since I always have my Clip Zip with me.

Because of internet radio, I rarely buy music anymore. But when I do, it's from Amazon (never from iTunes); taking advantage of their $1~$2 MP3 credits and I generally get classical music. Since it's already stored in Amazon's cloud, it's easy to listen to at home or work.

My iPod touch is overwhelmingly used as a docked audio playback device - streaming music, news, audiobooks, podcasts, and iTunes U. With this new app, I can now add cloud music to that list.

My iTunes account has zero songs in it. I don't see any advantage I'd get by placing music there.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #19
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh, i was thinking of itunes the music player, not the store.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
oh, i was thinking of itunes the music player, not the store.
That too. I have no reason to use it for music; so I don't.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Used my $3 credit for more classical music. These are my two favorite composers:
Old 06-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #22
wyndslash
Wizard

hmm...i need to get some classical music on my list too, but i like debussy thanks for the links too

besides the price, how do you know which compilations are well done?
Old 06-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
hmm...i need to get some classical music on my list too, but i like debussy thanks for the links too

I read the reviews and go from there. Besides, I'm not a purist nor an audiophile. There's another series of these works (99 Most Essential), but they run $4.49 each.

Here's the link to Debussy.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #24
wyndslash
Wizard

thanks! i'm not a purist either. i guess it might be scandalous to some, but i listen to what i like

one of the reviews on debussy said that the recording had a low volume. what about the ones you got? is it loud enough?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #25
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I used the $3 to get Beethoven: Violin Concerto In D Major, Romances For Violin and Orchestra Nos. 1, 2, a very nice performance by Yehudi Menuhin for $1.95.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
thanks! i'm not a purist either. i guess it might be scandalous to some, but i listen to what i like

one of the reviews on debussy said that the recording had a low volume. what about the ones you got? is it loud enough?
Plenty loud for me. These reviewers tend to be really into classical music and get into minutia that doesn't matter to me.

My primary at home platform for listening to classical music is now my iPod touch 4 with a cheap Altec Lansing powered speaker-dock. Just a few days ago, it was my PC. But now that the Amazon Cloud Player is available for iOS, my iPod takes center stage. It does so because I have these speaker-docks scattered about the house, making it very easy to take my music from room to room.

My three mains sources for classical music are Pandora, KING FM, and Amazon MP3s. I now have apps for all three on my iPod. Classical monkey is happy.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #27
wyndslash
Wizard

thanks for that! i'm grabbing debussy now
Old 06-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #28
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I used the $3 to get Beethoven: Violin Concerto In D Major, Romances For Violin and Orchestra Nos. 1, 2, a very nice performance by Yehudi Menuhin for $1.95.
for classical music.

After getting some overall collections, I'm now concentrating on collections from individual composers and will continue with the Rise of the Masters series.

Keep those $2 credits flowing.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #29
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
for classical music.

After getting some overall collections, I'm now concentrating on collections from individual composers and will continue with the Rise of the Masters series.

Keep those $2 credits flowing.
OH YEAH!

I usually spend the credits on classical music as well, but this time the $2.99 Elvis album called to me.
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #30
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:

I recommend this one, more than 100 tracks, and you'll have a penny left:

Masters of Classical Music

I bought this with one of the earlier mp3 credits, and you just can't beat the value.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote