Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Need help with creating ebooks suitable for ebook readers

I'd like to appeal to PDF experts to write a tutorial, a step-by-step guide, on how to create a PDF ebook that would achieve the end result intended by soPDF, ie split the ebook in the middle of a page, and turn it sideways.

SoPDF, while an excellent tool, has a bit of a problem - the pages in the PDF generated are not of equal sizes, when landscape mode (0 = fit 2xWidth) is selected. As a result, the PDF doesn't read correctly, at least on my ebook readers (jetbook and iRiver Story). Some pages with smaller sizes would be enlarged.

I suspect the developer of soPDF may no longer be updating the software.

I'd like to learn how to do it the hard way, with basic free pdf tools around. So far, I've spent too much time fiddling around with freeware/trialware, trying to crop, split, merge, but I could't seem to get it right. Not even close.

I'd appreciate a bit of help. Thanks!
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:01 AM   #2
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,

If you don't need to crop the white margin space, it should produce equal page size for you.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2010, 06:38 AM   #3
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
I didn't know that! Thanks for the tips!
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote