Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #1
amabbi
amabbi began at the beginning.

Device: none
My 700 has shipped!

Just got the confirmation from Sony; my PRS-700 has been shipped from San Diego.

Unfortunately, I signed up for regular shipping, and I live in NY, so I won't get it til Wednesday.

But still.... it's in the mail!
amabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #2
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Excellent news! Congratulations! Don't forget to give us a first-hand report when you've had time to use it.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 12:14 AM   #3
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Me too :-) I got a shipping notification. Should arrive Tuesday. Sure wasn't expecting that so soon but will be glad to have it, then I can hopefully put fears to rest about using a touch screen and clarity questions.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:40 AM   #4
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisreed View Post
Me too :-) I got a shipping notification. Should arrive Tuesday. Sure wasn't expecting that so soon but will be glad to have it, then I can hopefully put fears to rest about using a touch screen and clarity questions.
What all were you worried about re: the touch screen & clarity? I played with one at my local Sony Store, and it was pretty phenomenal!

And mine has shipped, too! But nobody's given me an estimated delivery date...

ETA:
Ah, I have gone on to read other threads... I must say, I've had my 505 for over a year and use it daily and I noticed *no* difference between the screens. And I had my 505 with me & hauled it out to compare size, etc. The 700 was gorgeous.

Last edited by sayhello; 11-07-2008 at 12:53 AM.
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:09 AM   #5
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
What all were you worried about re: the touch screen & clarity? I played with one at my local Sony Store, and it was pretty phenomenal!

And mine has shipped, too! But nobody's given me an estimated delivery date...

ETA:
Ah, I have gone on to read other threads... I must say, I've had my 505 for over a year and use it daily and I noticed *no* difference between the screens. And I had my 505 with me & hauled it out to compare size, etc. The 700 was gorgeous.
Good. If you got a fedex tracking number it probably shows when you will get it delivered. Overall I wasn't worried enough to cancel the preorder. And it looks like more people have said good things about it. And the design looks great.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 02:28 AM   #6
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Please! All of you who already got a 505; Once you get the 700 post your opinions on the difference in contrast, if any, and how noticeable it is.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #7
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Mine has shipped as well!!!! I live in New Hampshire, though, and it's not supposed to make that extra couple hundred miles from San Diego until Thursday.

Yippeeeee!!!!!!!

I have the PRS500, so I'll post a comparison to that device.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:43 AM   #8
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Good luck guys!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:27 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
wow ! i'm almost as excited as if it were my own device shipping. can't wait to hear your reviews, especially about the quality of the display !!!

special request, could somebody tell me whether the "show all bookmarks" feature that was possible on the 505 (by pressing the bookmark button longer) is still available on the 700 ? i'm curious about that.

in fact, if anyone finds a user's guide in digital form, i'd be interested in seeing it !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #10
sarah7700
Enthusiast
sarah7700 doesn't littersarah7700 doesn't litter

Device: PRS700
aww, I'm so jealous!
sarah7700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:30 AM   #11
debscarlett
debscarlett began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Mine is still "processing" but a recent email said shipping had been pushed back to 11/18. You are beyond lucky!
debscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #12
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kindle
When you get it do me a favour and sit in a pitch black room and tell me if you can read?
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #13
amabbi
amabbi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Mine is still "processing" but a recent email said shipping had been pushed back to 11/18. You are beyond lucky!
Deb, I also got an email in mid-October saying that they wouldn't ship until 11/18. Guess they were just trying to surprise us =)

Will post a review when my unit arrives. I don't have a 505 but I do have a Kindle.
amabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #14
shopintheusa
Enthusiast
shopintheusa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Does this mean sonystle retail stores have them now.
shopintheusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #15
debscarlett
debscarlett began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by amabbi View Post
Deb, I also got an email in mid-October saying that they wouldn't ship until 11/18. Guess they were just trying to surprise us =)
I hope so! And I'm totally not hitting "refresh" on my order status every hour. Nope. Not me.
debscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote