Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #16
alessandro_q
alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.alessandro_q composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjbrown View Post
I just use my Kindle to read books, and I migrated last night from a KK to the Touch. It might not be much smaller, but I think it is noticeable. The touch functionality is excellent, and the screen is first class. I took the cover with light, and the whole package is really satisfying.
How do you find the contrast? I've heard the contrast seems worse because of the silver bezel. How is the pocket-fit in your opinion? Have you tried using it with instapaper? Can you click on hyperlinks?
alessandro_q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro_q View Post
How do you find the contrast? I've heard the contrast seems worse because of the silver bezel. How is the pocket-fit in your opinion? Have you tried using it with instapaper? Can you click on hyperlinks?
The bezel on the Touch isn't silver - it's a metallic grey; quite a dark grey. I find the Touch to be overall a much "slicker" device than the KK. It feels much more solidly built, and just generally "classier".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #18
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro_q View Post
I agree with HarryT on the classy front - the contrast is perfect, and the bezel in no way affects it.

You would need a jacket pocket, I haven't tried, if I am challenged for space I switch to the Kindle app on my iPhone, if I am going to read a lot I take some kind of bag.

I have no experience of Instapaper, but the links on the Amazon website respond perfectly well. The touch screen is super sensitive, and very accurate.

It's a great product, I always felt the KK never quite felt as well built as my old (pre-touch) Sony, but this one does.

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #19
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
Some days ago I won a KTouch at a local Writing Contest and I had the chance to use it for several days. Compared with the K3 which I have had it since June 2011, it's too small for me and I missed the landscape orientation and the keyboard. In the end, I gave up and passed it to my girlfriend. My K3 is god-like.
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote