Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-10-2015, 07:46 PM   #76
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Thanks, but I don't know how to install it without the KoboRoot.tgz file that the instructions say I need. The file I downloaded from the original link had only a prebuilt (I presume) fmon file.

Download and install
Attached Files
File Type: rar Kobo_files_monitor.rar (5.8 KB, 813 views)

Last edited by surquizu; 11-03-2016 at 11:58 AM.
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:52 PM   #77
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Much appreciated.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2016, 06:00 AM   #78
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Has anybody any idea how well fmon plays with the Kobo hacks? Any chance of bricking the device if I add the hacks after I installed fmon and koreader?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:06 AM   #79
xpirad
xpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: kobo aura one
I've installed fmon on aura one,and can use it to launch koreader.

However,there's one issue...
why is there so many "inotify_add_watch failed" in the fmon.log.txt?

How can i fix it??

Edit:

Nevermind,i made a mistake.just delete the reboot.sh and everything's fine.

Last edited by xpirad; 04-22-2017 at 07:21 AM.
xpirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #80
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Wildcards * possible?

I would like to start all *.epub files on my Kobo with COOLREADER (CR3). CR3 is accepting filenames like that:
exec cr3/cr3 -stylesheet $STYLESHEET "/mnt/onboard/Books/Testbook.epub" > /mnt/onboard/cr3.log

I wonder if it is possible to configure kfmon to trigger such an event if an epub files is opened?
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2018, 01:03 AM   #81
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
All these years, I've used the old FM files monitor https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=76 a 5 kb file named KoboRoot.tgz

When updating to koreader-kobo-arm-kobo-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-1735 I tried to follow the instructions and install the legacy FM https://github.com/baskerville/fmon in combination with the new icon, but since there was no tgz launcher file and no installation instructions a newbie could understand, I returned to the old 5 kb FM KoboRoot.tgz, the old icon, the launcher from v2015.11-1654 (which wasn't included in the 1735 zip). Now it works as usual. I'm still on firmware kobo-update-3.19.5761 since a further firmware update messed up my koreader I cannot live without (I know Start Menu is recommended but the instructions were beyond me and I'm used to Nickel - ".hidden" folder names)

Last edited by serdar0020; 06-15-2018 at 03:12 AM.
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:48 AM   #82
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
See the relevant wiki page, you're mixing everything up, which explains your troubles .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:59 AM   #83
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
thanks a lot for your advice
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote