Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #211
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
By golly I found it! You asked how to remove someone from your News feed? If you added them as a friend you can do it from the place where you view all your friends from your timeline page.

This is great! I have a few relatives that irk me.
I've been systematically zapping from my newsfeed anyone that posts anything (take that!), using the Like button on the individual FB pages.

I have then created new lists, all private, for pages and people (FB wont' let you combine them). I can go catch up or not, now, based on broad categories.

Yay!
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #212
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Crystal Cove by Lisa Kleypas is $1.99 at both Amazon and B&N.

This is the newest book in her Friday Harbor series and was just released on February 5th, the regular price is $9.99 and I don't know if this is a sale or a pricing error.

Quote:
In New York Times bestselling author Lisa Kleypas's Crystal Cove, Justine Hoffman has made a comfortable life for herself on the island of Friday Harbor. She is the proprietor of a successful boutique hotel, and she has the safe, predictable life she has always wanted. Growing up with her flighty, nomadic mother, Marigold, has instilled in her a deep longing for stability. But in spite of everything Justine has achieved, there is still something missing. Love. And after years of waiting and dreaming, she is willing to do whatever it takes to change her destiny.

What Justine soon discovers is that someone cast a spell on her when she was born, with the result that she will never find her soul mate. Determined to change her fate, Justine finds a way to break the enchantment, never dreaming of the dangerous complications that will follow.

And when Justine meets the mysterious Jason Black, she accidentally unleashes a storm of desire and danger that threaten everything she holds dear . . . because Jason has secrets of his own, and he wants more from her than fate will ever allow.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #213
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

This is the newest book in her Friday Harbor series and was just released on February 5th, the regular price is $9.99 and I don't know if this is a sale or a pricing error.
Thanks! Grabbed it!
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #214
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I've been systematically zapping from my newsfeed anyone that posts anything (take that!), using the Like button on the individual FB pages.

I have then created new lists, all private, for pages and people (FB wont' let you combine them). I can go catch up or not, now, based on broad categories.

Yay!
I have mine set up for Harlequin Authors, Romance Authors, Publishers, Blogs and Misc. My news feed now is only my IRL people so I am happy to finally have some control back.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #215
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I have set this up on my Facebook as well, but some book stuff still trickles through to my Newsfeed. It shows up on both.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #216
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I have set this up on my Facebook as well, but some book stuff still trickles through to my Newsfeed. It shows up on both.
For pages you go to the individual page and click like button under there it will have show in news feed you want to uncheck that.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #217
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
From Samhain

Receive 30% off this month's featured titles with coupon code VALENTINE (Exp. 2/28/13 Midnight EST)

Featured Titles
Wolf Nip by Vivian Arend
Daughter of Gold by Janeen O'Kerry
Winter's Thaw by Jayne Rylon & Mari Carr
Winter Pleasures: The Training by Anya Bast
Wayward One by Lorelie Brown
Worth Everything by Karen Erickson
Soul Deep by Anne Hope

Horror--
Psycho Therapy by Alan Spencer

NOTE: The 30% off coupon stacks with their regular 30% off on new releases and pre-orders. Some of these books are new releases so while the coupon's good until Feb. 28th the best deal is to be had if bought before Feb. 12th when they will no longer be new releases.

Just a heads up.

If you bought anything from this sale and later got a refund for a small amount of the purchase (mine was through PayPal) due to a "pricing error" be sure to check your bookshelf. I got a $0.70 refund and the books are now missing from my bookshelf on the Samhain site. I have an email into CS right now and hopefully it will be easily sorted.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 02-20-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:41 AM   #218
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Quote:
Just a heads up.

If you bought anything from this sale and later got a refund for a small amount of the purchase (mine was through PayPal) due to a "pricing error" be sure to check your bookshelf. I got a $0.70 refund and the books are now missing from my bookshelf on the Samhain site. I have an email into CS right now and hopefully it will be easily sorted.
Same thing happened to me, they fixed it right away.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #219
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebies

Silent Run (Sanders Brothers #1) by Barbara Freethy [Onyx 2008]

Quote:
Forced off the road by another car, a woman awakens in a hospital with amnesia. Then a handsome stranger appears and informs her he is her baby's father and that she disappeared seven months ago. Now they must put their trust in each other to find their child and discover who wants her dead--and why.
Eternity (Immortal Witches #1) by Maggie Shayne [Jove 1998]

Quote:
300 years ago, Raven St. James was hanged for witchcraft. But she revives among the dead to find herself alive. She is an Immortal High Witch, one of the light. A note from her mother warns that there are others, those of the Dark, who preserve their own lives by taking the hearts of those like her.

Duncan Wallace’s forbidden love for the secretive lass costs him his life.

300 years later, he loves her again, tormented by hazy memories of a past that can’t be real. She tells him of another lifetime, claims to be immortal. Though he knows she’s deluded, he can’t stay away. And the Dark Witch after her heart is far closer than either of them know.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #220
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post

Eternity (Immortal Witches #1) by Maggie Shayne [Jove 1998]
Also free at Kobo and Itunes

From Author:
Quote:
Apologies Nook readers. BN gives me no way to make it free there. Once this promo is done, I'll put it at a very deep discount at BN.com. Meanwhile, I was told Kobo is the same file format as Nook so you can try.
Update: It's now 99 cents at B&N the lowest she could put it.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-20-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #221
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Diesel eBook Deal of the Day!

$0.80 Hurry before it's gone!

Intimate Betrayal by Adrienne Basso
Genre: Regency
Book Two of a series.
Book one is Notorious Deception (March 7, 2013)
Publisher: Kensington (2013)
Former Publisher: Dorchester (1995)
Note: I paid only 56 cents because I had rewards left over. I love it!

This is fate! I was last night looking at this book and pre-order the first one at BOB which is re-released on March 7th.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #222
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:

Kleypas stated on facebook that it was a pricing glitch but told everyone to buy it anyway (so I did!)
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #223
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Kleypas stated on facebook that it was a pricing glitch but told everyone to buy it anyway (so I did!)
OK, wasn't sure since they did something similar with book 2 in the same series after initial reviews were kind of luke warm. It's not often that you see a new book go on sale pretty much right away.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #224
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Diesel eBook Deal of the Day!

$0.80 Hurry before it's gone!

Intimate Betrayal by Adrienne Basso

Note: I paid only 56 cents because I had rewards left over. I love it!
Me 2 - we must have had the same amount of rewards $$$. Nice buy! Thanks!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #225
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Am I the only one who thinks some authors haven't gotten the memo that the more... explicit erotic romance is no longer a boutique item? For that matter, some publishers of the stuff as well?

What I mean by this is that there is now a plethora of the stuff available, in all flavors and combinations, so an author can't really compel me to pay inflated prices just because there are naked body parts interacting in interesting ways. I'm not talking about competitive prices on the higher end, but rather prices way beyond average market for steamy romance ebooks in general.

Seems like common sense, to me, that there should no longer be a "dirty book price premium". We no longer buy them from the secret room in the back of the store. It's not hard to get this stuff anymore. Thanks to Harlequin, steamy has been mainstream for a while, and the books I'm talking about are often not much more explicit than those. But I see them priced in crazyland.

What brought this on, you ask? I have unspent reward bucks at AllRomance. I've been trying to decide how to spend them. Spending free money is always a challenge.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote