Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 04:56 AM   #91
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
February 5, mtravelerh: "adbosch, please calm down. You 302 owners are not forgotten and you may be up for a few positive surprises soon."

Darn, was I wrong all the time, silly me.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #92
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
adbosch, while I'm totally with you - what about being consequent after all these weeks of ranting? Sell the PB 302, leave PB behind. You seem to have two other devices which will do their job nicely.

So please be Nike; just do it!

Last edited by K-Thom; 02-26-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #93
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I think he is doing it because it warns other potential buyers of PB's products that they aren't quite up to par in either their products or customer service. I think this is very important information for consumers to have before they pay a lot of money for a product that may well break down within a few short months of normal use.

Unfortunately, this is what companies do now. They shove shoddy devices onto the market using us as ginea pigs & promising upgraded software soon, and then don't deliver.

It might work at first for the first poor people that get suckered, but for the rest of us who are on the fence, we see incidents like this, and quickly drop them from consideration for our hard earned money & do our best to spread the word to look elsewhere for a RELIABLE, HONEST company to do business with.

So in the long run, these companies are cutting off their noses to spite their faces with their greed and dishonesty.

I don't have a problem paying good money for a product that does ALL that is says it will do right out of the box, nor am I concerned with upgrades if the product is working just fine as it is. But when things like what is happening with PB products, I'm not about to risk ending up with a useless doorstop that I spent dwindling discretionary income on!
Old 02-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #94
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I think he is doing it because it warns other potential buyers of PB's products that they aren't quite up to par in either their products or customer service. I think this is very important information for consumers to have before they pay a lot of money for a product that may well break down within a few short months of normal use.

Unfortunately, this is what companies do now. They shove shoddy devices onto the market using us as ginea pigs & promising upgraded software soon, and then don't deliver.

It might work at first for the first poor people that get suckered, but for the rest of us who are on the fence, we see incidents like this, and quickly drop them from consideration for our hard earned money & do our best to spread the word to look elsewhere for a RELIABLE, HONEST company to do business with.

So in the long run, these companies are cutting off their noses to spite their faces with their greed and dishonesty.

I don't have a problem paying good money for a product that does ALL that is says it will do right out of the box, nor am I concerned with upgrades if the product is working just fine as it is. But when things like what is happening with PB products, I'm not about to risk ending up with a useless doorstop that I spent dwindling discretionary income on!
1. Your statement, quite simply is not true.
2. Your statement is downright offending.
3. I only see empty vapor in your statement, no argument whatsoever.

Get away!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #95
OphReader
Connoisseur
OphReader began at the beginning.

Device: 902
Quote:
Get away!
I disagree, I think cfrizz has a point there.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #96
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OphReader View Post
I disagree, I think cfrizz has a point there.
Agree. Since delivery of the 903 there hasn't been any real improvement but promises.

Get Away ???

Hey, this forum isn't owned by Pocketbook.
Anyone is free to share his opinion.
Don't talk, show us he's wrong.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #97
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
Agree. Since delivery of the 903 there hasn't been any real improvement but promises.

Get Away ???

Hey, this forum isn't owned by Pocketbook.
Anyone is free to share his opinion.
Don't talk, show us he's wrong.
I do not like to be called greedy and dishonest! That's what provoked my reaction.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #98
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I do not like to be called greedy and dishonest! That's what provoked my reaction.
As far as I could see he didn't insult you, but your company, and from all what I read in the last three month it slowly and unfortunately becomes some kind of truth.
I bought my PB 602 in 11/2010 when you had an excellent reputation and your products were praised here in this forum, the mood was great, and you had a very good excuse for all your problems bacause of the weather.
By now, many things have changed.
Your programmers in Kiev are unable to solve even the slightest bugs or customers wishes, things that are done even without SDK by some users here in no time.
You and fork are almost absent for two whole months.
All your promises for the owners of 302 haven't come true yet
So I start asking myself: Is there still anybody working on the software or are you just selling what is left and then close shop and be gone???

SO,MAYBE REALLY BYE BYE POCKETBOOK?
Old 02-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #99
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Or in my case, receive a product that is not what I ordered, and in any case doesn't work properly, as I've raised repeatedly in this thread.

Quote:
Unfortunately, this is what companies do now... spread the word to look elsewhere for a RELIABLE, HONEST company to do business with.

<snip>
Earlier, I questioned the quality of the products and the reply was quite galling, on pages 2 and 3 of this thread.

And of course, the intended sop to our feelings that I questioned in my posting #52 (nearly three weeks ago) has not been met satisfactorily.

I think troll05's final words are of great interest to prospective purchasers.

Cheers,
Old 02-27-2011, 06:08 AM   #100
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Quote:

Get away!
Sorry, mtravellerh, but this is neither a way to behave as an official from Pocketbook nor as a moderator from Mobilread.

Maybe you should consider stepping down from one of both positions. Seriously.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #101
m2heikamp
m2heikamp began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:

Get away!
Well, if it walks like a ...., talks like a ...., it most likely is a .....
All the actions taken bij PB, or rather the lack of actions, are all in his favour.

And... nowhere in his text does he offend you. If anyone should be offended then it should be PB. And hey.....PB had that coming for a long while.

Talking of vapor....... you are the expert, all the promise that have been made seem to be disappearde into thin air really.
Since it is an open forum...NOBODY has to get away. If you can't stand someone's opinion about PB, then you chose the wrong company to work for.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:42 AM   #102
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
Sorry, mtravellerh, but this is neither a way to behave as an official from Pocketbook nor as a moderator from Mobilread.

Maybe you should consider stepping down from one of both positions. Seriously.
Yes, I will. Bye!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #103
OphReader
Connoisseur
OphReader began at the beginning.

Device: 902
Quote:
Yes, I will. Bye!
Ahm, does that mean you are retreating from this forum? Good bye then, but do you think this leaves a positive impression of your company? Or do you not care about that anymore? As "PR and Sales Manager"?
Old 02-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #104
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by OphReader View Post
Ahm, does that mean you are retreating from this forum? Good bye then, but do you think this leaves a positive impression of your company? Or do you not care about that anymore? As "PR and Sales Manager"?
He announced stopping his work as a MR mod today in the German part, because of high workload and personal insults by various members of this forum, and added he will not completely abandon but reduce his time here.
For all who understand here's a quote

Quote:
Rücktritt
Ich bin gerade von meiner Funktion als MR-Moderator zurückgetreten. Es tut mir Leid, dass es so weit kommen musste, aber ich fühle mich seit längerem in dieser Position gar nicht mehr wohl. Es war ein langer und teilweise sehr schöner Weg, aber die persönlichen Unterstellungen und Vorwürfe, die mir gemacht wurden und der Stress am Job lassen mir leider keine andere Wahl. Ich hoffe, dass sich jetzt wenigstens einige freuen. Ich werde meine Anwesenheit hier im Forum auf ein Minimum beschränken.

Meine Freunde wissen, wo sie mich finden können.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #105
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi all,

a Google translation of the German is:

"I'm just resigned from my position as moderator MR. I'm sorry it had to get that far, but I feel for some time no longer in that position well. It was a long and sometimes very beautiful way, but the personal insinuations and accusations that have been made to me and the stress on the job I have no other choice. I hope that at least some happy now. I will limit my presence here in the forum to a minimum."

It isn't exact, and loses a little, but it approximates his sentiments.

Cheers,
Closed Thread