Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
A short video demo of Kobo on the iPad

A brief video of Kobo on the iPad:

Sorry... I don't see a way to embed this video:

http://vimeo.com/10450744

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Um.. might want to fix the video.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Um.. might want to fix the video.
Embed code didn't work... so I changed it to a link.

BOb
Old 03-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

I gotta say... the more ebook reader apps I see for the iPad... the more I am coveting it.

BOb
Old 03-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The jury is still out here. But I am keeping an open mind. I do want a reader with a larger screen and the Kindle DX isn't it. Plus all the others are still way off in the distance. And the iRex is not yet really ready yet even though it is out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The jury is still out here. But I am keeping an open mind. I do want a reader with a larger screen and the Kindle DX isn't it. Plus all the others are still way off in the distance. And the iRex is not yet really ready yet even though it is out.
Me too. I thought I wanted an edge... but this might be a better choice... it is the same price as an edge and only, what, $30 more than a DX.

BOb
Old 03-27-2010, 01:16 AM   #7
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
This looks great. I put down a pre-order for an iPad earlier today. I bought an iRex a month ago, but I think I've decided that I actually prefer backlit screens. The lighting in my apartment is just too dim for an eInk screen.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Does kobo use Adobe DRM? If so, I wonder if this all will allow you to read content you buy at places other than Kobo. Alas though, I expect they lock it down to their own store.

While the iPad looks like you can consume almost any ebook with DRM on it... you are going to need 4 apps and have your books divided amongst them. Unless you just decide to stick to one app/supplier of course.

BOb
Old 03-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
This looks great. I put down a pre-order for an iPad earlier today. I bought an iRex a month ago, but I think I've decided that I actually prefer backlit screens. The lighting in my apartment is just too dim for an eInk screen.
Cool can't wait for your review.

BTW: A lamp cost a lot less than an iPad.

BOb
Old 03-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #10
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
After all that's been said in the last month or so, I admire your courage in admitting the iPad's worth...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #11
Tim32127
Tim32127 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Does kobo use Adobe DRM? If so, I wonder if this all will allow you to read content you buy at places other than Kobo. Alas though, I expect they lock it down to their own store.

While the iPad looks like you can consume almost any ebook with DRM on it... you are going to need 4 apps and have your books divided amongst them. Unless you just decide to stick to one app/supplier of course.

BOb
Kobo has always used adobe, so far anyway. I've bought alot of books from them since they changed from shortcovers and I've used adobe to download / strip all of them.
Tim..
Tim32127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #12
conniewilson11
conniewilson11 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim32127 View Post
Kobo has always used adobe, so far anyway. I've bought alot of books from them since they changed from shortcovers and I've used adobe to download / strip all of them.
Tim..
cool kobo with adobe. I'll look into it
thanks
conniewilson11 is offline   Reply With Quote