Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-19-2009, 06:06 AM   #1
Gonzo62
Gonzo62 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad Book Edition
PDF to Mobi: Enter title here??????

First of all as I'm new here a big hello to everybody.

Since some days I've got my iRex iLiad, but I'm trying already since some weeks to convert different ebooks and I was reading already in this forum a lot of the topics. But I found nothing about the problem that occurs with some of my ebooks.

I'm converting all of my PDF books to mobipocket because IMHO its the best format on the iLiad. With most of the books everything was alright, I could manage it to convert them without any problems to mobi format. But with some of this books I noticed a strange problem:

More or less on every page there's suddenly a text "file:///D" including the whole path and "**Your Title here***" - see attached pic.

In the PDF file there's nothing like this, I set the Author and so on in the PDF and in Calibre, so normally there should be nothing like this.

I read in this forum that very often strange things happening during the PDF conversion, is it possible that these are tags from the PDF file which I can not delete?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Strange Text.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	313.4 KB
ID:	41544  
Gonzo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:57 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The text you're seeing is part of the PDF file. You have a few options. You can remove the text from the PDF file by cropping it out. If you do this make sure that part of the document is removed and the viewable area was not just resized. You can create a regular expression and use the remove header and remove footer options.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 01:07 AM   #3
Gonzo62
Gonzo62 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad Book Edition
This was the solution, thank you very much for your reply.
Gonzo62 is offline   Reply With Quote