Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
thorne
Edge User

ee only works when ac is present

hello,
last night I noticed my edge was completely without power- odd since I never power it off. I plugged it up, the green light came on, and I left it to charge for a few hours. I began using it with ac attached, then decided to move about. when I pulled the power, the device goes dead. I then allowed it to charge all night, but it is doing the same thing.
no new apps have been installed, nor has it been mishandled. the battery status is charging and the level reads 95%.
needles to say, this sucks.
does anyone have any ideas for a fix, or am I off to tech support?

thanks

Old 01-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Hmmm. You didn't mention that you tried removing the battery and reinserting it. Even though the eDGe thinks it's 95% charged, removal and reinsertion may reset something.

If that doesn't help, you should contact tech support as it may well be the battery has failed somehow, or something else is amiss.

Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
thorne
Edge User

will give that a try.
thanks

Old 01-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
thorne
Edge User

unfortunately, removing and re-inserting the battery didn't work.
I even restored the device to factory defaults, with no successs. hopefully, it is just a matter of getting a replacement battery.

thanks for the help

Old 01-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
thorne
Edge User

Attrocious support!

The first problem is that the call center is in India somewhere with people who can do little more than escalate your problem to "level 3". I called Saturday morning and was told I would be contacted in 24 hours. I've received no call or emails, so I call back today, Monday. I'm then told that that ticket was closed, so I'll have to wait an additional 24 hours before I can get the ball rolling on repairing my faulty device! WTF! Oh yeah, customer support has no way of getting in touch with level 3. LOL! What is the point of having 24 hr customer support if they can’t support the customer? It would make more sense to have support available during normal business hours with people that can actually contribute to problem resolution. Right! You would have to actually pay skilled people a living wage for this! IAPTFO! (I AM ****** The F*&K Off!)

Advert