Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!
penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.

Device: kindle 3 & sony daily prs950sc
Kindle Collection Alphabetizing?

I just got a kindle 3 although I have a sony daily. I like reading much better on the kindle. My sony seems to be 4x dimmer and has trouble with glare.

Any way I imported a very small portion of my 18k+ database (around 300 books).

Since everything is in a long list like 43 pages. I decided to create collections using the authors names and then adding their respective book collections into the collection file i created on the kindle.

This is where i noticed that it is not alphabetizing collection but rather by when the collection file was created.

am i missing something or am i stuck like chuck till they add the feature?

*i really enjoy reading on my new kindle but the sony seems to beat the kindle hands down for sorting and management.
penguinaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
You will see that you can sort your collections by Title or Author. To force the collections to sort first, use a symbol plus a space before the author's name, then sort by title. Should give you Collections first, sorted by author. If you're using Calibre, checkout the Kindle Collection Plugin. This may help you getting your books into collections before you put them on your Kindle.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!
penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.

Device: kindle 3 & sony daily prs950sc
Thanks leep those are both good ideas. i'll give it a try. cheers
penguinaka is offline   Reply With Quote