Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
blu-
Enthusiast
blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.

Device: prs 650
Can I auto enter numbers to title/title sort?

I'm using a Sony PRS 650, and editing the series info and book number in the metadata doesn't seem to sort my books properly. The only way is to edit the title by adding numbers. Can Calibre do that automatically?

I just want my book series' ordered nummerically separated with a dash between the title.
blu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:01 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu- View Post
I'm using a Sony PRS 650, and editing the series info and book number in the metadata doesn't seem to sort my books properly. The only way is to edit the title by adding numbers. Can Calibre do that automatically?
If your collections are created by calibre via series then books in that collection will be in series order.

Quote:
I just want my book series' ordered nummerically separated with a dash between the title.
You can use the plugboard to create this title for you on the fly. Check out this sticky post for examples.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
blu-
Enthusiast
blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.blu- knows what's going on.

I just used something simple: {series_index} - {title}

When I saved to disk, the metadata doesn't get updated. I'm not sure what it uses for the series index. Is it under series and it's the book number?
Old 02-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
I'm not sure what it uses for the series index. Is it under series and it's the book number?
The series index is the number of the book in the series. For that field to contain any data, your book needs to actually be part of a series.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
blu-
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
The series index is the number of the book in the series. For that field to contain any data, your book needs to actually be part of a series.
Yes it is. Though, I had to fill in the series name myself; Calibre doesn't seem to fill it in when I download the metadata.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Yes it is. Though, I had to fill in the series name myself; Calibre doesn't seem to fill it in when I download the metadata.
That can happen depending on where the metadata comes from and how nice that site plays. I've heard about trouble using LibraryThing recently, resulting in no downloaded series data.

Could you post the entire plugboard and not just the template? There should be a device/format combination, a target field and a template for that field. Depending on what you chose for the device and the format, saving to disk may not trigger the plugboard.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
blu-
Enthusiast

epub:save_to_disk=([{series_index}-{title}] -> title)
Old 02-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
Manichean
Wizard

What value does the series_index field have? Can you, for the sake of testing, do something like epub:save_to_disk=([{authors}-{title}] -> title)?
Old 02-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@blu-,
I believe you need to be using Preferences - Metadata Plugboard to customise your title names on a Sony reader.

Customising the save-to-disk template and/or send-to-device template will change the filenames of the books you send to the Sony but will not change the author names and/or title names displayed in the book lists.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #10
blu-
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
What value does the series_index field have? Can you, for the sake of testing, do something like epub:save_to_disk=([{authors}-{title}] -> title)?
Nope, the title didn't change at all.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #11
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In Metadata Plugboard you need to set

Format: device_db and
Device: PRS505
Old 02-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #12
blu-
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post

I tried it, but still no luck.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:42 PM   #13
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
[QUOTE=blu-;1396128]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post

Quote:
I tried it, but still no luck.
jackie_w just gave you the beginning try the following.

Format: device_db
Template: {series_index:0>2s| [|] }{title}
Destination Field: title

Save the plugboard. Read this post for more information.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
blu-
Enthusiast

Still doesn't seem to work.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #15
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Still doesn't seem to work.
You're not being very forthcoming with details. Please be more specific about what you've done so far, what you're seeing on your Sony and what option(s) you're using on the Sony to view the books?

Please copy what you have in Metadata Plugboard so far. Just so you know what I'm asking for this is what mine looks like:

Code:
device_db:PRS505 = ([{author_sort}] -> authors), ([{series:lookup(\s,#serinit,series)}{series_index:>2s|| - }{title}] -> title), ([{series}{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}] -> title_sort)
And here's a screencap of my Preferences - Metadata Plugboard:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	metplug.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	66735