Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
Patguth
Patguth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
help! new on forum. Kindle freeze

Hi everyone,

I'm new on the forum. My kindle (1) did something today it's never done.
It froze. None of the buttons are working. It refuses to turn off. Unplugged or plugged doesn't matter. I pressed the reset. Still won't work.

Does anyone know howto fix this problem? I have a lot of books on there. Could too many books be the problem?

I would really appreciate it.
Patguth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Have you tried removing (and then reinstalling) the battery? I'm not sure it will help, but that is always my last resort with battery powered devices. If you have a SD card, then removing it would also be worth trying.

Note that, unlike LCD screens, it is normal for the last image to remain on the screen when the Kindle freezes. The trick is to get it to reboot.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
we have had certain books lock up our Kindle, had you just loaded a particular book before the lockup?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Take the gray back off the Kindle. Grab a paper clip and stick it in the little hole labeled "reset", hold there for a moment. The Kindle will restart and you should be good to go.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
I was on my way home on the subway when my Kindle froze and then went blank. I was so upset but then my husband suggested I check here to see if anyone else had had the same issue. I found this sticky, did exactly what daffy4u said, and it worked!!! Thank you so much!!! :-)
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:18 PM   #6
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I have had my kindle since November, have done that 2 or 3 times. The only time it didn't work was when it was dead - I just charged it for a couple minutes, then reset it, and it was fine.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogeswoman View Post
I was on my way home on the subway when my Kindle froze and then went blank. I was so upset but then my husband suggested I check here to see if anyone else had had the same issue. I found this sticky, did exactly what daffy4u said, and it worked!!! Thank you so much!!! :-)
Yay! I'm glad it worked for you. I keep a paperclip attached to my K1 cover... just in case.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #8
Astridlrb
Astridlrb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle Freezes in NYC Subway

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum. My kindle keeps freezing in the NYC subway. Amazon has now sent me a 3rd kindle and they have been really nice but I am frustrated! One representative thought it might be the cover (the leather one with the felt interior). Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks!
Astridlrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astridlrb View Post
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum. My kindle keeps freezing in the NYC subway. Amazon has now sent me a 3rd kindle and they have been really nice but I am frustrated! One representative thought it might be the cover (the leather one with the felt interior). Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks!
Hi Astridlrb, welcome to MobileRead!

There are quite a few threads and posts on this here in the Kindle forum. It seems that Kindle 3 WiFi and the non-lighted Kindle cover do not play well together. Amazon is refunding money for non-lighted cover for anyone having issues.

I have the Kindle 3G with the lighted cover and have had no problems.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #10
Astridlrb
Astridlrb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks, everyone. Amazon offered to give me a new lighted cover so I am going to try that based on your feedback.
Happy Holidays and thanks for all your support!
Astridlrb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freeze, help please, kindle