Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #106
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question What?

What does, "Software version 2.5.7 includes performance improvements to software version 2.5." mean? Is there a list that describes what was done?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #107
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Amazon won't tell you.
Just use the feedback to tell them what you want to know.
And ask them how about PDF annotations, dictionary support...
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #108
mereshow
mereshow began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDogInCan View Post
Why not just use Amazon's Customer Review feature to express our disappointment at Amazon's lack of updates for the DX. All it would take is 1,000 1-star ratings to send a strong message.
I'm in!
mereshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #109
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegl027 View Post
Yes, I was fully aware of the deficiencies in the DX when I bought it. And it's not a deal-breaker for me. BUT, I do think Amazon is foolish for not having the K3's capabilities of PDF manipulation on a device that is 1) more expensive 2) more suitable for PDF viewing due to its larger size.

I would love to "look elsewhere" but there just isn't another larger-screen e-ink device extant at this point...
I, too would happily retire my DXG, if there was something to replace it with. Unless you want to lug around a enTourage eDGe, there's no other currently produced large screen e-ink device (though, iRex gave it a brief try). It's terribly frustrating to have this big, beautiful screen and not be able to perform the basic functions that _every_ small-screen e-ink reader with PDF support can do.

It's like Kindle DXG is the smartest kid in the class who won't do his homework - a lot of wasted of potential. Extending that analogy, the Kindle 3 is the kid who gets an A on all the homework, but fails to apply theory to practical use.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #110
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
..snip..

It's like Kindle DXG is the smartest kid in the class who won't do his homework - a lot of wasted of potential. Extending that analogy, the Kindle 3 is the kid who gets an A on all the homework, but fails to apply theory to practical use.
great analogy. I'm gonna steal that.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #111
GoversAU
Enthusiast
GoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle Oasis
Well I applied the 2.5.7 updates to my K2i and DXG and can't see a scrap of difference. Guess they're really just bug updates.
GoversAU is offline   Reply With Quote