Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Glow, iPad3
As of today I have full internet in Canada (BC) as well.. am on 2.3.4 now
Msan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #18
--abc--
--abc-- began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 (intl.)
I still have only limited internet access with 2.3.3i in Germany.
--abc-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:44 AM   #19
iphitus
iphitus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iphitus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iphitus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iphitus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K2i
I have it in Australia on 2.3.3.

It didnt work a couple of days ago. Then out of curiosity, I unregistered, then re-registered and it works now.

I did not test immediately beforehand, so I may have gained access co-incidentally in those few days proceeding and not known.

It's not that exciting. It's slow, and I'm expecting Amazon to send me a fat bill if I use it much because I am international.
iphitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #20
Twonk
Twonk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphitus View Post
I unregistered, then re-registered and it works now.

I did not test immediately beforehand, so I may have gained access co-incidentally in those few days proceeding and not known.

It's not that exciting. It's slow, and I'm expecting Amazon to send me a fat bill if I use it much because I am international.
This is exactly what I did, but I did check directly before de-registering.
Before, no access except Wikipedia. Directly after re-registering; full access!

Andy
(In the UK by the way).
Twonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #21
map7
map7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
I'm in Melbourne and I run 2.3.3 and it has internet out of the box. I didn't have to do anything and I can google, shop and download books.
map7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #22
--abc--
--abc-- began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 (intl.)
I tried this too, but it did not work for me. I unregistered, than registered anew, but I still have only limited access. Seems I have to wait for 2.5.

Last edited by --abc--; 06-02-2010 at 01:12 PM.
--abc-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #23
gavin031
gavin031 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I live in Canada.

Just received my Kindle 2 yesterday. I am running 2.3.3 and seem to have full internet access.

Being a new user, I am curious to know if this is free to use?

(also on a sidenote -- so annoying that the majority of best seller books are not available to Canadian consumers! )
gavin031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #24
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin031 View Post
I live in Canada.

Just received my Kindle 2 yesterday. I am running 2.3.3 and seem to have full internet access.

Being a new user, I am curious to know if this is free to use?

(also on a sidenote -- so annoying that the majority of best seller books are not available to Canadian consumers! )
yes completely free
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:23 AM   #25
htaler
htaler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
Kindle 2.3.2i
No restrictions in Internet anymore!
Used in Poland and Germany.
Hmm...
htaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:02 AM   #26
nbarr
nbarr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I had it since I got my Kindle, which was 2 weeks ago.
nbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #27
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I am really curious what the pattern is (if any). I bought my Kindle 2 in Nov 2009 when it first was orderable for Canada. I have bought a few Kindle titles but certainly not "a lot". I manually installed the 2.3.4 update for the Kindle 2i when it was released. "Full" Internet arrived in mid to late May; I definitely only had wikipedia access before that. I live in Toronto.

I don't think I'd use the WWW aspect of the Kindle much but it's very nice to have in a pinch. It was also be cool to get Calibre server talking to the Kindle ... but so far I can't get Calibre past the home router firewall. Then, when on holiday, I'd have access to my entire library.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #28
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Put your calibre Library into dropbox and youl'll have you will have Full Access to you Books by whispersync for free. Internet is Slow on the kindle but its ok to Download your Books by dropbox/calibre
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #29
Jzz
Jzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
...It was also be cool to get Calibre server talking to the Kindle ... but so far I can't get Calibre past the home router firewall. Then, when on holiday, I'd have access to my entire library.
This thread helped me get set up with calibre's content server and my kindle. It worked for me.
Jzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #30
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa View Post
Put your calibre Library into dropbox and youl'll have you will have Full Access to you Books by whispersync for free. Internet is Slow on the kindle but its ok to Download your Books by dropbox/calibre
I'm with you up to the point of actually getting the file onto the Kindle. I have Calibre .7 installed; I've transferred my library in mobi to a Kindle directory; I can log in and see specific files with the Kindle 2. What do I do next to download? Pressing the "enter" key or pressing down on the joystick doesn't appear to activate a download (and how would it know where to put the file so the Kindle can read it?).

I must have missed a step. Any hints?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote