Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
Pete69
Pete69 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Set pubdate by script

I have a lot of magazine that I try to add to calibre.

This are all in the following way:
MagazineName YYYY-MM.pdf - MyMagazine 2013-07.pdf

I try to set the published date also automaticly, but it dosn't work.

first try:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\ebook-meta.exe" "C:\Users\Documents\Calibre Bibliothek\MyMagazine 2013-07.pdf" --date 2013-07
-> only errors, also with other formats like 2013-06-30 00:00:00

second try:
I set up an ODBC connection to the metadata.db. I can connect to the database and get all the data I want, but when I try to use the SQL update-statement I get a SQL error

third try:
I try to change the information in the metadata.opf. But calibre do not reconize this, cause all the meta-data come from the db and not from the metadata.opf-file

fourth try:
I spend a lot of time on regex. I try to split the filename in title and pubdate. This fails also cause it is difficult to made string operations with regex and I don't find any information if the placeholder "pubdate" is correct to do this

Have anyone an idea to solce this problem?
Pete69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibredb set_metadata -h
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
Pete69
Pete69 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibredb set_metadata -h
Thanks for your answer

I try this out in this way:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\calibredb.exe" set_metadata -f pubdate:2012-12 2625 "C:\Users\Pete69\Documents\Calibre Bibliothek\Unbekannt\Flugzeug Classic 2012 12 (2625)\metadata.opf"

This works so far so good, but after this command the language is also set (befor the language was empty)

Has this command more side-effects like setting the language?
Pete69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use only

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\calibredb.exe" set_metadata -f pubdate:2012-12 2625
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote