Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #1966
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Butcherverse Runway - Oct 12, 2010

Part of the costume contest from the NYCC Jim Butcher Fan Dinner

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #1967
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool A Conversation with Jim Butcher - April 6, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I'll add the next part [part 3] of this interview to this post next Friday.

...and I'll add the next part [part 4] to this post next Thursday.
DONE

...er a little late. Also this is a short one.

Advert
Old 05-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #1968
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool New Interviews

Quoted from jim-butcher.com

Quote:
May 10, 2013 - New Interviews

Jim has done a slew of interviews lately! Check ‘em out:

Geek Hard flagged Jim down at Ad Astra for a four-part interview spectacular: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
So did Rebecca Lovatt
John Ward interviewed Jim for his new G+ Urban Fantasy community Salt Circle
Angelique Toschi chatted with Jim at the conclusion of the WyrdCon Kickstarter.

Last edited by alansplace; 05-11-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: oops...
Old 05-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #1969
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool John Ward interviewed Jim for his new G+ Urban Fantasy community Salt Circle

May 9, 2013

This hangout was done for the Urban Fantasy Fans Author community on Google+. We spend a half-hour talking to Jim Butcher about his books and asking questions about the Dresden Files series. All of the questions were ones that were submitted by members of the Urban Fantasy Fans community.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #1970
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Ahh...the reference to London influenced me to remember and start on the book I'm reading right now, Cursed (Alex Verus #2) by Benedict Jacka. Some time ago Jim Butcher mentioned this author/series in an interview and I gave the first one in the series, Fated (Alex Verus #1) a read, liked it a lot and put the rest of the series on my TBR list:

Fated (2012)
Cursed (2012)
Taken (2012)
Chosen, slated for September 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
I started reading Fated by Benedict Jacka. I am only on chapter 3 but I am loving it so far.

My favourite part so far is:

Spoiler:
If there's one thing all diviners share, it's curiosity. We really can't help it; it's just part of who we are. (here is the best part) If you dug a tunnel somewhere in the wilderness a thousand miles from anywhere and hung a sign on it saying, Warning, this leads to the Temple of Horrendous Doom. Do not enter, ever. No, not even then, you'd get back from lunch to find a diviner already inside and two more about to go in.

I can picture this so clearly in my mind. I love it when an author can do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Indeed, I also really, really liked "Fated".

And "Cursed".

And ... "Taken" ... as far as I am with it.

Best regards,
Andy
Thanks for the recommend, guys.
I picked up "Fated" a couple of days ago and powered through it. Now I'm halfway through "Cursed" and it's looking like this'll be another series that I'm gonna have trouble with waiting for the next installment.

Speaking of next installments, what's the count at for "Skin Game", Pookeysgirl?

Last edited by AlbertaCowboy; 05-12-2013 at 01:39 PM.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #1971
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Ahh...the reference to London influenced me to remember and start on the book I'm reading right now, Cursed (Alex Verus #2) by Benedict Jacka. Some time ago Jim Butcher mentioned this author/series in an interview and I gave the first one in the series, Fated (Alex Verus #1) a read, liked it a lot and put the rest of the series on my TBR list:

Fated (2012)
Cursed (2012)
Taken (2012)
Chosen, slated for September 2013
I started reading this on your recoomendation as well, it is very good, although I am only a few chapters into Cursed. For which I curse you, as my TBR list is way too long already AND YOU JUST STOLE FIRST PLACE ON IT so how will I EVER FINISH ALL MY BOOKS?!?!?!?! HELP!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by eschwartz; 05-12-2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: fix that naughty :h elp: smilie (see next posts)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #1972
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool A large TBR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I started reading this on your recoomendation as well, it is very good, although I am only a few chapters into Cursed. For which I curse you, as my TBR list is way too long already AND YOU JUST STOLE FIRST PLACE ON IT so how will I EVER FINISH ALL MY BOOKS?!?!?!?! HELP!!!!!!!!!
:h elp:
Nyssa yells at me from time to time (actually quite often) for adding to her TBR that is already of considerable size. But she's never done so with such vehemence!

Old 05-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #1973
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
:h elp:
Why is one of my help signs messed up?
Old 05-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #1974
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool a space

Quote:
Why is one of my help signs messed up?
There's a space inserted in the middle of the token ":h elp:" vs.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #1975
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
There's a space inserted in the middle of the token ":h elp:" vs.

Not when I wrote it, and not when I try to edit it either. That's why I'm so confused. And annoyed, because it totally messes up my rant.

When I tried previewing it in edit mode, it always happened on the 9th and 17th s.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #1976
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool limit

Quote:
It appears there's a limit to repetitive smilies! Probably a bug. I always put a space before or after a smilie to seperate it from other stuff.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #1977
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Good idea. I was able to fix my rant now!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #1978
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Skin Game release countdown

205 DAYS!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #1979
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
205 DAYS!
Oh no you didn't just steal my countdown!!!!
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #1980
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Speaking of next installments, what's the count at for "Skin Game", Pookeysgirl?
204 DAYS!!!!
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy