Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 04:57 AM   #31
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
I see that Pocket has posted an update on their site about availability on other kobo devices:

(Update: As of Monday, September 16th, Pocket will be available on the Aura, and updates to existing devices including the Glo and Aura HD will be coming over the coming weeks and months. To check support for additional Kobo eReaders, please contact Kobo Support.)

http://getpocket.com/blog/2013/08/po...-kobo-devices/
so it would look like no Mini, then...
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #32
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Question how can I avoid kobo wifi interference?

I have a glo and an aura hd, so should be able to profit from pocket. I can't read long on backlit computers, and would appreciate selecting a few articles from my newspaper and reading them comfortably anywhere (my subscription is for the internet version).

But that would mean daily wifi connections, and I don't want the hassle of the automated kobo upgrades (I've long preferred sideloading proved new versions).

Is there a way to prevent it without direr consequences?
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #33
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You should be able to turn off sync entirely using the new FW. You can sync Pocket only from that section of the device.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #34
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
You should be able to turn off sync entirely using the new FW. You can sync Pocket only from that section of the device.
That is great news. Thank you.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #35
sinisa
sinisa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
so it would look like no Mini, then...
I don't know, it's pretty ambiguous... "updates to existing Kobo devices, including Glo and Aura HD"

It does not exclude OTHER existing Kobo devices.
sinisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I haven't seen anything definitive about the Mini and Touch. Kobo have stated that they are finishing the UI updates for the other devices before releasing the 2.9.x firmware for them. The Glo and Aura HD will get all the new features, or at least the non-hardware dependent features. But the Touch and Mini, I don't know.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #37
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
I see that Pocket has posted an update on their site about availability on other kobo devices:

(Update: As of Monday, September 16th, Pocket will be available on the Aura, and updates to existing devices including the Glo and Aura HD will be coming over the coming weeks and months. To check support for additional Kobo eReaders, please contact Kobo Support.)

http://getpocket.com/blog/2013/08/po...-kobo-devices/
Why do I get the feeling that the "months" in this sentence will be the most significant word? Come on, Kobo! The HD was supposed to be for the "hardcore", they should get all the great new features first!
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #38
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Why do I get the feeling that the "months" in this sentence will be the most significant word? Come on, Kobo! The HD was supposed to be for the "hardcore", they should get all the great new features first!
I think AuraHD will be the next device to get it (maybe glo too....)...months is more likely to refer to mini and touch.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #39
tuxpeppe
tuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: kobo aura hd
Are there any news?? I have the kobo HD, but no pocket so far!
tuxpeppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #40
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
What is the real benefit of Pocket on your Kobo device?
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #41
tuxpeppe
tuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbittuxpeppe with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
What is the real benefit of Pocket on your Kobo device?

You will have the opportunity to see news or other stuff you saved with pocket, and read it like an ebook (for me it's not comfortable to read news or other using browser!!)
Old 10-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #42
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've been using for clipping material in a web browser, recipes, news paper articles I want to keep, and then syncing it to the Kobo.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #43
tuxpeppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I've been using for clipping material in a web browser, recipes, news paper articles I want to keep, and then syncing it to the Kobo.
right! but, when we could have it in to the kobo???
Old 10-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #44
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
When they decide to release new f/w. Kobo NEVER gives dates as to when things will be released.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #45
frif
frif began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I don't have Pocket either
I got an Aura HD hoping to be able to use pocket on it.
The first time I turned on and set up the wifi it upgraded itself, but it didn't have pocket after the upgrade.
I contacted tech support and they instructed me to do a factory reset and set up the device using the Kobo Desktop Application. This time the device upgraded to a newer firmware version 2.8.1 (9/20/13) and Pocket is still not available.

Anybody has got an upgrade with pocket? which firmware version is it?
frif is offline   Reply With Quote