Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #421
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@JSWolf & others - please lets stop stirring the pot over this - the philosophical questions have nothing to do with this plugin thread. If you don't want page numbers, don't use the plugin, end of discussion please.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #422
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@JSWolf & others - please lets stop stirring the pot over this - the philosophical questions have nothing to do with this plugin thread. If you don't want page numbers, don't use the plugin, end of discussion please.
I do want page numbers and I do like the plugin. I use it to fill in the custom page number column I've added. I like that it gives me the same page number as ADE.

It is jgaiser who thinks page numbers for an eBook aren't realistic.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #423
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@JSWolf - while I am pleased you are using the plugin, the entire last page of posts has added no value to other users interested in the *plugin* itself. There are a load of other subforums and threads at MobileRead for people to debate the merits of page numbers or not. You can agree to disagree elsewhere...
Old 09-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #424
vargaviktor
vargaviktor began at the beginning.

Device: Alcatel T60 Tablet (Android 2.x)
Hi kiwidude,

At first congrats for this plugin.

Would you like to support CBZ and CBR files too?
I had a lot of them and an number of files in a zip or a rar can be a correct measure for this.

Regards. Viktor
vargaviktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #425
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@vargaviktor - this plugin already supports CBR and CBZ files since version 1.6.0
Old 09-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #426
vargaviktor

Quote:
@vargaviktor - this plugin already supports CBR and CBZ files since version 1.6.0
Thank you. I just updated and found out, that this version has this support.
But why i get always:

calibre, version 0.8.67
FIGYELMEZTETÉS: Page/word/statistics warnings: Could not analyse 28 of 28 books, for reasons shown in details below.

100+4/1 Játék C16-Plus/4 (No convertible format found)
100+4/2 Játék C16-Plus/4 (No convertible format found)
100+4/3 Játék C16-Plus/4 (No convertible format found)
1001 Amiga (No convertible format found)

regards. Viktor
Old 09-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #427
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

That message is probably because you have specified a custom column for word count as well? You can only get a page count from CBR/CBZ.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #428
vargaviktor

Quote:
That message is probably because you have specified a custom column for word count as well? You can only get a page count from CBR/CBZ.
Removed, but still getting this error.

Settings:
{
"customColumnPages": "#pages",
"customColumnGunningFog": "",
"algorithmPages": 1,
"customColumnFleschGrade": "",
"customColumnWords": "",
"customColumnFleschReading": "",
"SchemaVersion": 1.61
}

Still cant count any CBZ or CBR.

regards. Viktor
Old 09-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #429
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Works fine for me.
Spoiler:

Count Page/Word Statistics
-------------------------------
Logfile for book ID 586 (Where The Wild Things Are)
Found 41 pages
Skipping non page count statistics for CBR/CBZ

You sure you don't have any other book formats attached to that same book record that are confusing it? If not, upload one of those CBR/CBZ files somewhere and PM me a link so I can see if I get the same error.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #430
vargaviktor

Quote:
Works fine for me.
If not, upload one of those CBR/CBZ files somewhere and PM me a link so I can see if I get the same error.
I uploaded here:
http://data.hu/get/5517887/100_4_1_J...us_4_-_LSI.cbz
Use "Lassú letöltés" button to download...

Because most all CBZ CBR files here have this behaviour, something other is wrong than file.

Regard. Viktor
Old 09-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #431
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Worked perfectly fine again for me.
Spoiler:

Logfile for book ID 613 (LSI)
Found 192 pages
Old 09-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #432
vargaviktor

Quote:
Worked perfectly fine again for me.
Spoiler:

Logfile for book ID 613 (LSI)
Found 192 pages
I thought the same. After reinstall of plugin then restart, I get the same.

Is there some extensive log option in your software?

regards, Viktor
Old 09-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #433
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Have you been disabling other plugins by any chance? When you go to Preferences -> Behaviour, do CBR and CBZ appear in the "Preferred input format order" list?
Old 09-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #434
vargaviktor

Disabling all other plugins solved the problem. Thank you.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #435
vargaviktor

Dear kiwidude,
I have just found, if I start on a lot of files, your software depacks the zips.
Are you planing to use the pkzip list function instead of depack?

Or because the picture files are unzipped (cbz/cbr), maybe an average size attribute and dpi attribute read out from the jpg file can be a good possible column. (Is I try to recommend it for quality check.)

Regards, Viktor

Last edited by vargaviktor; 09-04-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin