Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Sigil v0.1.3

Sigil v0.1.3 has been released. The ChangeLog (live version here) for this release follows:
Quote:
- implemented a work-around for a bug in Qt causing documents with "us-ascii" encoding
specified in the XML declaration to crash Sigil (issue #109)
- resource path updating rewritten; should be more robust
- fixed an issue where EPUB files from Google Books could not be opened (issue #106)
- fixed regression for storing the folder from which the user last imported an image (issue #105)
- refactored HTML file import resource loading: should be a lot more robust now
- fixed an issue with loading HTML file that reference the same images multiple times (issue #90)
- implemented non-live View position synchronization; the Views are now synced
by HTML element: moving the caret in one View will center the other View (upon switching)
to the same HTML element that held the caret in the first View (issue #8)

- newlines are now removed from TOC headings to avoid rendering problems in ADE (issue #96)
- Sigil now creates a unique book identifier (if one is not provided by the user)
using the UUID standard instead of a radnom sequence of characters and numbers;
the old "SigilGEN" scheme is replaced with "UUID"
- initial support for calibre interoperability (issue #94)
- book updates from TOC editor are now faster and have a much smaller memory overhead
- fixed issue with removing headings from TOC in TOC editor (issue #88, part 2 and issue #21);
also made TOC editor updates to headings MUCH more robust
- all headings are now by default included in TOC... heuristics for "guessing" which
headings the users wants have been removed (issue #88, part 1)
- fixed critical issue with Sigil hanging when loading certain SGF files (issue #87)
- fixed rare issue with duplicate image loading (issue #86)
- implemented a workaround for a webkit bug causing the first character of a heading
created after a chapter break to be displayed incorrectly (issue #78)
- the "makedmg" target for Macs is not build by default anymore and needs to be
invoked directly; this was done to speed rebuilds
- Macs now have a standard multiple document interface: opening a new file opens it
in a new window, not in the old one (issue #22)
- fixed a bug with warning dialog not informing the user of unsaved changes
if he tried to load from the recent files list
It's hefty. I've bolded the part you should all be very interested in. View syncing is finally in. It's non-live (you have to click inside the other View when in Split View to make it update), but it should make you happy... or at least happier.

Live content syncing—where the other view is updated as you type—will have to wait a while... a rather long while since not even Dreamweaver CS4 manages to pull it off successfully. DW (kinda) implements live position syncing, but not content syncing. It works from Design to Code, but not the other way around. They're probably hitting the same issues I am.

The live position sync will be implemented in Sigil at some later date. Content sync later still, if ever. It has some very fundamental problems.

But as the changelog suggests, syncing is not the only thing coming in this release. A huge number of bugs have been squashed, and some other very nice features have been implemented (like the multi-document interface for the Macs).

Last edited by Valloric; 09-01-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
nice !!! thank you valloric !! going to download now.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #3
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Thanks Valloric
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:44 AM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Excellent! Will install as soon as I've installed #crunchbang. Thanks for the new release.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:17 AM   #5
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Thanks for an awesome release! (Though I'm probably alone in that I'm happier about the bugs squashed than about the view sync).
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
CMake Error: The source "/home/catherine/Bureau/Sigil_code_0.1.3/CMakeLists.txt" does not match the source "/home/catherine/Bureau/Sigil_code_0.1.2/CMakeLists.txt" used to generate cache. Re-run cmake with a different source directory.
That's anoying... Any idea there ??

And what happened to compiled linux version ? That just worked.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #7
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
That's anoying... Any idea there ??
You will have to provide more information. At a glance, your directories don't match: you seem to be mixing up two source code versions (you have Sigil_code_0.1.3 and Sigil_code_0.1.2 folders).

The build instructions are very detailed.

Quote:
And what happened to compiled linux version ? That just worked.
Read through the v0.1.2 release thread. It covers this in painstaking detail... several times. And then a few more.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You will have to provide more information
I wish i had more..

I had no problem building 0.1.2 . Guess while doing that, i setted something in cmake that cause that mess. I have no idea why, as i don't know how to use cmake.

Command i typed is :
cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" /home/catherine/Bureau/Sigil_code_0.1.3/

last time i did
sudo apt-get install cmake
configure -qt-zlib -qt-gif -qt-libpng -qt-libmng -qt-libtiff -qt-libjpeg
cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" /home/catherine/Bureau/Sigil_code_0.1.2
make
make install

Last edited by EowynCarter; 09-02-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #9
Valloric

Quote:
I wish i had more..

I had no problem building 0.1.2 . Guess while doing that, i setted something in cmake that cause that mess. I have no idea why, as i don't know how to use cmake.

Command i typed is :
cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" /home/catherine/Bureau/Sigil_code_0.1.3/

last time i did
sudo apt-get install cmake
configure -qt-zlib -qt-gif -qt-libpng -qt-libmng -qt-libtiff -qt-libjpeg
cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" /home/catherine/Bureau/Sigil_code_0.1.2
make
make install
Did you delete all the files in the directory in which you are running the cmake command? The folder should be empty. It seems you have the (old) cache files still inside.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #10
EowynCarter
Wizard

i just was in "home" both times. Yeah, deleting these files seam to have done it.

That's a pain...
Old 09-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #11
Valloric

Quote:
i just was in "home" both times. Yeah, deleting these files seam to have done it.
The build instructions are very clear. I've bolded the part that is relevant to your problem.

Quote:
It is assumed you want to generate Makefiles. You can do this by creating a new folder OUTSIDE of the source distribution.
Now navigate to that folder with a terminal. Then type in and run the following:
cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" /path/to/source/folder
make
sudo make install
Running it in your home folder is a bad idea.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #12
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Debian/Ubuntu users, I've built a deb package and it is available at http://www.hellmark.org/sigil/
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:52 AM   #13
EowynCarter
Wizard

good idea Hellmark
Old 09-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #14
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
The downside to that package, is that it doesn't automatically get added to the menu. I'm working on that though. I'm normally just packaging things that add that stuff on their own, or are things I've built for command line. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow will get an updated package up.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #15
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Hi, trying Sigil 0.1.3 for OSX now...looks great!
Is there a search/replace tool?

Oh..and just tried split view..that is awesome.

One issue-when I cut/copy/paste, the paste divides words by what looks like hyphenation spaces? For example, if I cut the word Prologue, then paste it, it shows up as Pro logue.

Ok, this only occurs in Bookview, not in code view.

Last edited by kjk; 09-04-2009 at 04:48 PM.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote