Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Exclamation Help with Amazon

Guys,

I am looking for some suggestions with a billing issue with Amazon. I had ordered a FireHD 8.9 LTE on the 10th when Amazon had the $50.00 off coupon.

The device never left the factory (tracking number showed just the printing of the label only). I called Amazon Kindle customer service and they could not figure it out and they sent me a new FireHD 8.9 on the 13th and it arrived with no issues.

Well some employee at Amazon found the 10th package in the factory and processed it as a refund (never contacted me!) and I now have the monies in my checking account for the first purchase.

I called Amazon and tried to explain the issue and they thanked me for my honesty and asked my to dispute my credit with my bank.

i called my bank and they never heard of someone trying a dispute a CREDIT and have no idea to to proceed.

I would love any suggestions!

zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
There have been other reports of Amazon issuing "double" credits or unearned credits for something that didn't actually ship - some folk keep them without problem, others have reported that Amazon eventually figures out what happened and then bills your credit card again.

Best advice - wait & see if Amazon accountants straighten out your account.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
There have been other reports of Amazon issuing "double" credits or unearned credits for something that didn't actually ship - some folk keep them without problem, others have reported that Amazon eventually figures out what happened and then bills your credit card again.

Best advice - wait & see if Amazon accountants straighten out your account.

Keep the funds available JIC. They'll either bill you or not. My guess is that if nothing happens in the next 3 months or so, then it probably never will, (Amazon has been known to reward honesty with inaction) but that is just a guess.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebradude View Post
I called Amazon and tried to explain the issue and they thanked me for my honesty and asked my to dispute my credit with my bank.

i called my bank and they never heard of someone trying a dispute a CREDIT and have no idea to to proceed.

I would love any suggestions!
I would send an email to Amazon explaining the situation again, saying that your bank doesn't have a procedure for disputing a credit, and state explicitly that you will wait to hear from them.

Then make sure you set the money aside and wait.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote