Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
TripleD
TripleD began at the beginning.

Device: none
PDF - Add Page Numbers

Hi everyone,

Is there any way to add page numbers when converting from an ePub to PDF?

I'm doing a novel study with my English class and I'm printing out copies of the book (I live in China; even public domain books are difficult to order in bulk). The PDFs look fine, but I would really like to have page numbers. It would make assigning homework much easier.

Many thanks for any advice.
TripleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No there's no way to do that, but all pdf viewing programs display page numbers, simply use those.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
TripleD
TripleD began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping there might be some way to pull this off via CSS wizardry, but I guess I get it going the old fashioned way.

Have a good one.
TripleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Perhaps converting to rtf and putting in page numbers in a footer using a word processor and then printing/converting back to pdf?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote