Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Sony Australia: free ebooks!

As part of Sony Australia's Rewards Program, if you register or login with My Sony you too can access up to 100 free ebooks!
It's in fact a 83.6 MB zipped archive filled with ebook goodness: 25 free Classic books, Jane Austen/Romance, Charles Dickens, Poetry, Shakespeare and Oscar Wilde!
Okay, okay; it sounds like it's all free stuff, but it seems like a nice collection.
Here is the link: https://www.sony.com.au/mysonycontent/rewards/429312
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The list of ebooks is on the site.
It didn't copy/paste here too well
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 03:42 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks, April Hare

I embarrassed however to acknowledge that I have never been able to work out what the 'Product Number' for my PRS-650 might be. The registration form certainly won't accept PRS-650. What did you use?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:53 AM   #4
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Thanks, April Hare

I embarrassed however to acknowledge that I have never been able to work out what the 'Product Number' for my PRS-650 might be. The registration form certainly won't accept PRS-650. What did you use?

Regards, Alex
I have a PRS-600 which was sent to me by Sony in the US. My PRS-600 can't be registered.
However, I am not entirely sure you need to register your liseuse to get the ebooks.

Last edited by AprilHare; 03-04-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:27 AM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
I have a PRS-600 which was sent to me by Sony in the US. My PRS-600 can't be registered.
However, I am not entirely sure you need to register your liseuse to get the ebooks.
Thanks, AprilHare, but the site says, and I quote:
'You have to be a My Sony member to benefit from our exclusive Rewards program. Please login here or join My Sony.'

And I need the device number and its serial number to join.

Could you tell me please how you got the books? Perhaps I could use the same method.

Regards, Alex
Advert
Old 03-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
HI Alex
I believe the device is PRS650 and the serial number should be on the back of your device on a white sticker.

Mike
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
You can never register a liseuse with Sony as Sony do not sell them. Sony do however sell very nice eBook Readers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #8
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can never register a liseuse with Sony as Sony do not sell them. Sony do however sell very nice eBook Readers.

All those poor French MobileReaders who bought Sony liseuses didn't really buy one, eh?
Old 03-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #9
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks, AprilHare, but the site says, and I quote:
'You have to be a My Sony member to benefit from our exclusive Rewards program. Please login here or join My Sony.'

And I need the device number and its serial number to join.

Could you tell me please how you got the books? Perhaps I could use the same method.

Regards, Alex
I should make it clear
I have lots of Sony stuff besides my liseuse. That got me onto My Sony.
So, if you have a Sony TV, camera, memory stick or whatever, use that to register.
If not, search your PRS-650 for the serial. They must put it on there somewhere..

Last edited by AprilHare; 03-05-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #10
AprilHare
Wizard

There is another option I didn't think of before.
If you have problems registering your serial on My Sony, you could try contacting Sony Australia directly with your tale of woe; they may help.
Your serial should be on there though, unless you removed it?
Old 03-06-2011, 02:26 AM   #11
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimick View Post
HI Alex
I believe the device is PRS650 and the serial number should be on the back of your device on a white sticker.

Mike
Thanks, Mike

There are about six different numbers on the white sticker on the back of the box, and I've tried several of them.

Thanks, AprilHare
I have sent an email to Sony Australia, and the nice lady at Myers Launceston gave me the customer service number. I'll see if there is anything in my email tomorrow, and will call them. The registration form on the website doesn't accept Myers Launceston as a valid input for the place I bought the ebook reader.

Regards, Alex
Old 03-06-2011, 05:30 AM   #12
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks, Mike

There are about six different numbers on the white sticker on the back of the box, and I've tried several of them.

Thanks, AprilHare
I have sent an email to Sony Australia, and the nice lady at Myers Launceston gave me the customer service number. I'll see if there is anything in my email tomorrow, and will call them. The registration form on the website doesn't accept Myers Launceston as a valid input for the place I bought the ebook reader.

Regards, Alex
Your serial should be on the actual product itself. Remove the cover and look at the back of your ebook reader.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:40 AM   #13
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Quote:
Thanks, Mike

Alex
It should be on the back of the reader itself. Just one number
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:47 AM   #14
AprilHare
Wizard

Hang on!
Your product number is PRS-650
Your serial number is printed on the back of the reader.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #15
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Serial number is on the barcode.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote