Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
ad03hx
ad03hx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader prs-300
Exclamation PRS 300 Won't turn on

Please help!

Last night I went to load a new book onto my ereader prs 300 and the computer wouldn't recognize my reader and wouldn't sync (although the reader showed that it was connected), although I plugged it in while booting up the computer. I unplugged and tried to reboot the computer again, but the reader wouldn't connect, and this time did not even display that it recognized the connection.

When i unplugged the reader, i tried to turn it on. IT flashed "opening book" and then promtly died, it did this a few times, so i tried plugging it into the wall since the computer wouldn't recognize this. I used the iphone wall adapter, becuase i assumed it was pretty much a unviersal wall charger with a usb port. The light turned red, so i assumed that my battery had simply died. I left it charging all night long. This morning My reader wouldn't even turn on. It will not charge on the wall, or the computer, nothing. I've tried hitting the reset button, but again, the reader won't turn on.

I am not certain what to do now. Any suggestions?
ad03hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
If at all feasible purchase a PSP charger with the barrel connector, this goes into the Reader in place of the Sony AC adapter. If you check the forum you'll see that USB AC adapters don't work. Also, try resetting your Reader when you plug it into your computer. Hopefully a 300 owner will chime in.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
ad03hx

I've been trying to reset my reader on the computer, but the reader isn't even registering that it is connected to the computer..the screen just stays blank. I was planning on buying the actual sony ereader charger tonight, hopefully that works...
Old 02-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Sounds like when you started it up, it drained the battery, and using a USB AC adapter will just drain it even more. Get a PSP AC charger and let it sit for a few hours. Try not to plug things in when your computer is booting. Wait until the computer is fully on. Restart your computer before you plug it in next time, just in case the USB port still thinks something is halfway there.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #5
ad03hx

okay, great! thanks...I will give that a try tonight
Old 02-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #6
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
It definitely sounds like a fully drained battery. Using a wall plug and and the USB port on the reader will not work, it needs to be the yellow dc plug. At this point connecting to the USB on your computer will not do any good and will require a PSP charger or similiar. If you are in the U.S., GameStop has them refurbished for cheap.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #7
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Just to chime in, yes you need to charge it. The iPhone charger (or any USB connecting one) will not charge it... Only with your computer on, and not in hibernation or sleep mode is it charging. And only with the barrel connection does an AC adapter work.... Let it charge up, and it should be okay...
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:38 AM   #8
ad03hx

Thank so much everyone! I got the charger last night and let it charge overnight, now it's running perfect! Phew! What a relief!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad03hx View Post
Thank so much everyone! I got the charger last night and let it charge overnight, now it's running perfect! Phew! What a relief!
Glad to hear it I thought it might.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote