Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
jack33
Gamer
jack33 began at the beginning.

Device: fire
maybe they will change the design next time!
jack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I frequently turn my Fire HD 8.9 upside down. That way, I can charge it while watching videos.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #18
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool not crazy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
So, this makes it awkward every time I have to reboot because all the boot sequence stuff is backwards, but easier overall.

When I use my Kindle, I always have it locked to where the power button and headphone jack is at top. This helps to not put a lot of pressure on the cord, and for easy access to the on/off button.

Anyone else do this?
Me too and as a bonus the design of my case allows for it.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #19
Ravenswd
Enthusiast
Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 7"
It just makes more sense to me to have the power button and cord jack at the top.
Ravenswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #20
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
On the treadmill I tend to use it sideways, 'specially when watching vids.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #21
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
So, this makes it awkward every time I have to reboot because all the boot sequence stuff is backwards, but easier overall.

When I use my Kindle, I always have it locked to where the power button and headphone jack is at top. This helps to not put a lot of pressure on the cord, and for easy access to the on/off button.

Anyone else do this?
i use my kindle's and ipad upside down i dont like the poewer conector or socket or selection button at the bottom

prefer them on the side as find i bend the headphone or power cable over

much better at the top
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #22
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
On the treadmill I tend to use it sideways, 'specially when watching vids.
yep prefer my kindle and iPad sideways Easier for me to
Old 05-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #23
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
The thread title proposes a false dichotomy. I refuse to respond.
Hehe. Funny.

Yeah, I usually prefer the cord and power button on top, too.
I'm annoyed at some apps that have fixed orientation and don't allow me to flip.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #24
sian
Addict

prefer buttons and ports at top or side , worried id break head phone or usb lead
. no its not strange to want the kindle upside down its whats best suiting u