Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
txtr app reads Adobe ACS4 DRM ebooks on the iPhone

From http://www.teleread.org/2010/01/15/t...or-ipod-touch/

Quote:
You can read Adobe-DRMed ePub on your iPhone or iPod Touch via an app from Txtr, the e-reader hardware company. Download it via the App Store or iTunes and share your impressions with fellow TeleRead community members. My impression is that the app lets you access material from your private bookself on the Txtr server. I wanted test the app, but need to move on. Here’s the word to TeleRead from Txtr’s Josch Bach:

“We are very busy with our eReading platform, and of course, there is an App for it. We might do not feel much love for DRM, but we support it, because a lot of content is not available without. As a more or less accidental by-product, we now have the first iPhone App that works with Adobe-DRMed ePubs. So, if somebody has a Sony-Reader or uses Adobe Digital Editions on their desktop, and want to read their eBooks on an iPhone, too: here is a solution. The txtr App is free and can be activated with any AdobeID.”
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
That's been out for a while now. I covered it some time back.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Nice-the first release had some wonky workaround to get that to work-sounds like they've fixed it.

From the little I played around with the first version, Txtr has very nice, full featured ePub support...the best I've seen on the iPhone.

edit: ahahaha..just checked, there is now a rather ominous "Enable DRM" button on the main screen.

I have an Adobe ID, but honestly don't know what the password is.

Last edited by kjk; 01-15-2010 at 02:09 PM.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
deltop
Zealot
deltop doesn't litterdeltop doesn't litterdeltop doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
Checked this out myself, it does now work properly with drm'ed epubs.

However since I always remove the drm from my ebooks that particular feature won't be getting much use here
deltop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltop View Post
Checked this out myself, it does now work properly with drm'ed epubs.

However since I always remove the drm from my ebooks that particular feature won't be getting much use here
But the fact that it's a much more complete ePub viewer then Stanza will make it more useful.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert