Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Reader not recognized - Reinstall Windows?

It appears that there is a somewhat common problem with MS Windows where "WMI" gets corrupted and the only real (easy) solution is to reinstall Windows.

My version of Windows 7 (64bit) is only 1.5 months old, and now I have to re-install it again? Windows and the Sony software do see it, and will work with it.

Load Calibre on my work computer (XP) and Calibre does recognize the PRS-600. But I have an unreasonable boss. He wants me to "work"!!!

If I re-install windows now (remember it's only 1.5 months old) how many times in the future will I have to re-install Windows?

If people didn't say how much better Calibre is than the Sony software I wouldn't mind.

So my question is this - Will a version ever come out that does not use WMI?
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There are no plans to use anything other than WMI (I don't know of any other way to do this, without installing device drivers)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Ok, thanks for the reply. At least I know.

Maybe I can find a better boss
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote