Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #16
PoppyNick
PoppyNick began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edition
This is very disappointing. I bought the pocket edition along with a gift card and I'm receiving the same error. I hope this is not an indication of how it will be all the time when trying to download books or access the store. I don't expect this type of service from Sony.
PoppyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #17
cesra
cesra began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Same here. Can not download the Library. I guess I will try again tomorrow. How disappointing. I tried it on two different computers. One with 32bit and one with 64bit Vista.
cesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 09:54 PM   #18
Synth2012
Synth2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-Reader Pocket Edition
I got it to download finally around 7 pm after many, many tries. Keep trying, everyone!
Synth2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #19
codie
codie began at the beginning.

Device: prs 600
I have downloaded this program as of last week and it worked PERFECTLY but then I got a windows 7 upgrade and then I find that it wont download and when it does it tells me there is some kind of error....idk if it has something to do with everyone getting it but I hope they fix it soon cause I really love my windows 7!
codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #20
codie
codie began at the beginning.

Device: prs 600
I went here

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-do...=5300&os_id=99

I didn't have it installed already so I went here and it worked the first time!
codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 11:11 PM   #21
Pissedoff
Pissedoff began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by codie View Post
I went here

This may have worked for you but it's not for me. I've tried it on 3 computers. WTH. anyone out there have any good ideas?
Pissedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #22
PoppyNick
PoppyNick began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edition
Thanks codie, that worked for me.
PoppyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #23
Pissedoff

I may have found another solution. Try turning off DEP. Im no super-tech, but this so far seems to be working. Here's a link on how to do it for vista

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1261/...orer_crashing/
Old 12-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #24
Pissedoff

Ok. Now im getting thru the setup but its hanging when it connects to the website to dl files. hopefully its just because of the high amount of traffic.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:44 PM   #25
sam75219
sam75219 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Pocket Edition
Okay. I was finally able to download the software about 10:30 CST. It was only have repeatedly downloading the software. So, I guess the key is to keep doing it until you are successful.
sam75219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:34 AM   #26
kyoisthebest
kyoisthebest began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by codie View Post
I went here

Thank you so much. I upgraded my computer to Win7 tonight, and just couldn't download the file.
kyoisthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:57 AM   #27
Basso
Basso began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnologyBytes View Post
I just got the Sony Reader Pocket Edition and followed the instructions given by plugging in my reader via the USB and waited for the onscreen instructions. Everything seemed to be working fine and I tried to install the library software. However after being prompted to choose a language and country the downloading wouldn't work. I tried this several times and got a few different problems. In several cases it wouldn't even start to install and would display the statistics "-1% complete NaN/ NaN time expected" A few other times it would start loading and get to around 9 - 10 % and the expected time would shoot up and the message "Setup could not be completed. Check your internet connection and try again" I do know that my internet connection is fine. I tried this on several computers all to no avail.

After these attempts failed I tried obtaining the Library software. I tried downloading it from both the eReader website (version 3.1 for PC which is compatible with windows 7) and from Barnes and Noble and both times it started downloading at a faster rate but soon was down to about 0.06 KB per second. I don't know what the problem is and hope someone here can help! If you have any questions just let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!

Your not alone. I nearly went back to the shop my daughter got it from for me Xmas present. Its not internet connection I have tried PC & MAC on ADSL and also on 3G no luck. XMAS rush I guess ill have to read the 11 freebees first then it may work. I only got to 6% thats my best score so
far. How will we know when they have solved the surge of attempts.
Basso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:20 AM   #28
badmaria
badmaria began at the beginning.

Me too! I got to about 80% first thing this morning. I'm gonna set my alarm for 3am and try again tomorrow unless someone comes up with a better idea.
badmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #29
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Not related to Sony, but I finally was able to download my purchase from B&N Bookstore just now after trying all day yesterday...

Good luck everyone.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:04 AM   #30
Samantha
Samantha began at the beginning.

I had the same problem - tried downloading it by plugging in the ereader and also by going to the sony website. However, I finally downloaded it this morning by going to the Sony website and finding the product support page and selecting the model. From there, I selected the required Library download (under the General tab). For some reason, this took me to a completely different page from the one you get when you select E-reader from their products page.
This allowed me to download the Library Installer and save it to my desktop (once I had disabled my anti-virus). Then I had no problems installing the library itself and it only took a few minutes.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library, pocket, problem, reader, sony