Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 04:50 AM   #1
barney111
barney111 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 iRex iLiad
Cybook Gen3

Hello All

Before I put on ebay Cybook Gen3 64mb 2gb SD boxed good condition
bought 3 months ago for £200 inc delivery.
Have new iLiad shame cos I like my Cybook but iLiad meets my needs
Accept £150 plus P&P

best

barney111
Old 11-11-2008, 05:07 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Are you sure about the age, barney? The 512MB version of the CyBook was released in May!
Advert
Old 11-11-2008, 05:25 AM   #3
barney111

Hello Harry

I never saw my posting as I had to shoot out for a few minutes to catch the post
I completed 2 threads and have just realised that the one that "took" was this one I purchased exactly when I said but bought it second hand and paid as I said £200 which was the market rate at the time.
I actually put I had purchased it second hand in the thread that did not take. Apologies

barney111
Old 11-11-2008, 05:37 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks for the clarification!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
Ivoch
Enthusiast
Ivoch began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
What accessories does it come with? Also is there any difference between the 64mb and the 512mb versions? Apart from the obvious one, of course.
Advert
Old 11-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The navigation button is a lot "softer" on the 512MB model. On the 64MB version, one tends to develop bulging thumb muscles after a few weeks of usage . That's the only difference.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The navigation button is a lot "softer" on the 512MB model. On the 64MB version, one tends to develop bulging thumb muscles after a few weeks of usage . That's the only difference.
I'm trying to envision a thumb with a muscle.

Don
Old 11-12-2008, 03:42 AM   #8
barney111

Hello Ivoch

Harry must be a weakling I do not subscribe to his opinion it appears fine to me.
Its as it is no other accessories and fellas if you want to play pat a cake with each other do it on another thread please.
Just because you have been here forever does not give you the right to hijack a thread for your own witty banter NOT.
I am trying to seal a commercial transaction!!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:01 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney111 View Post
Harry must be a weakling I do not subscribe to his opinion it appears fine to me.
Try a 512MB CyBook - believe me; there is a BIG difference in the feel of the nav control. I'm not saying that there's anything "wrong" with the control on the 64MB CyBook, but Ivoch asked what the difference was, and that is without question a significant difference. Anyone who's used both models can confirm that - the difference in the "feel" is extremely obvious.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:29 AM   #10
Ivoch
Enthusiast
Ivoch began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
So I get only the reader itself - no SD card, no leather case, no AC charger or anything?
Old 11-12-2008, 04:43 AM   #11
barney111

Sorry Ivoch

I was a bit p***ed with the hijackers usb lead charger are supplied plus the 2gb SD Card

best
barney

Harry go away
Old 11-12-2008, 05:47 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Barney,

With the greatest respect, you do not "own" this thread, and you cannot tell other people not to post in it. This is a public board, and anyone is free to post in any thread that they wish. If someone asks a general question "what is the difference between the 64MB and 512MB CyBook, anyone is free to answer it and, as someone who's owned both machines, I am in as good a position to answer it as you are - perhaps better, if you've never used a 512MB Gen3. (Have you used one?)

We expect courtesy at all times from our members - please bear that in mind. Calling someone a "hijacker" because they post in a thread that you've started is not an acceptable way to behave.

Thank you.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:28 AM   #13
barney111

[Rude reply deleted by moderator]

Goodbye.
Closed Thread