Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-24-2008, 02:17 AM   #1
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Is Irex still around

It has been 3 and a half months since I sent my iliad in for repairs. Not a word from irex. Now I write everyday and everyday I add a note to the open ticket. Not a peep out of them. Its like I am dead and haven't figured it out yet. Or they are dead and I haven't figured that out yet. Or my iliad is dead and they....
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:12 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Hi Martin!

Send me your ticket number, your MAC address and your full name and address, and i will see what i can find out for you.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2008, 03:17 AM   #3
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

00167C0028B7 Mac Address AAM-715435 Ticket number.

Thanks Tribble. I have been battling with this one for ages and never thought about asking for help here. Dumb of me because I know how helpful people here are in general and you in particular. Today I hit on the idea of submitting a new ticket to try to get noticed. Perhaps that will work.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:46 AM   #4
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
My experience is: Call them and things are going a lot faster!
Greetings
Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:36 AM   #5
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen

From South Africa can be very expensive. We have a telecom monopoly here but I might have to.
Advert
Old 04-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Hehe, i have been to Johannesburg just before christmas. Visited my sister and her husband. We used prepaid calling cards, but it was no fun. Worse quality than skype.

I'll check into it tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #7
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen

See what I mean.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
Blue
Connoisseur
Blue is on a distinguished road

My experience: open a new ticket everyday, don't use your original ticket 'cause they don't check them regulary. Just open a new ticket an refer to your original one.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #9
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
have you considered using skype? (if you have a decent-ish connection it should work fine).. buy €10 worth of credit, and call the +3140....... number? it's a local one anyway, so it should only cost €.02/minute via skype.. you should be able to wait quite a while if you have to
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:08 AM   #10
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Hi Martin!

Techsupport says, that your device has been sent back on February 18th. The are now checking for a tracking number, so they can find out, where your iLiad is. I hope they will find it soon.

Best regards
Falk
Old 04-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #11
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen

Thanks Tribble. Heard from irex finally and they say it was sent back in March. Anyway it was sent back. I still have no idea if it was fixed or what. Also have no idea where it is of course.

Thanks for all your trouble. I really miss it
Old 04-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #12
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
well, let's just hope HappyMartin won't have to ask the admins to change his forum nick into SadMartin
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #13
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen

Nope, when I was sad I stayed away. Now I think my reader will get found or I will have enough money for another I am back and happy again.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:34 AM   #14
MarkRPenn
Connoisseur
MarkRPenn began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
I don't wish to put an unecessary dampener on your hopes HappyMartin, but iRex told me my replacement iLiad had been sent to me, and signed for by someone I've never heard of, before I'd even returned it to them!! Given that they told Tribble they'd sent it in February, but told you they'd sent it in March, I reckon a little pessimism is actually justified in this case.

I hope I'm wrong and you get it back very soon, but the sad fact is that iRex don't have the slightest clue what they're doing

Mark
MarkRPenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:38 AM   #15
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen

What is very annoying is that the only information I get is from Tribble. He has told me my iliad was repaired and returned to me but for some reason it was not delivered and was returned to Europe. Now it seems to be stuck in Germany. All I got out of Irex after at least 15 emails was a note to say that the device was missing. They were unable to tell me that it had been repaired or what was wrong with it. They have since then not contacted me.

This is the worst service I have ever had outside of the deplorable South African banking sector (don't ask).