Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-14-2014, 12:30 AM   #511
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Just place KindleGen exe in directory that contain installed KCC.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:18 AM   #512
Rumbah
Rumbah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Ah, OK, thanks. As I'm too lazy to install python and learn it, I guess I'll just automate the gui by sending clicks.
Rumbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2014, 08:38 AM   #513
gocarrera
gocarrera began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
KindleGem Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Just place KindleGen exe in directory that contain installed KCC.
I´m using Mac :/

I simply can´t figure it out. When I ran it, appears the message "Process complete", but when I open KCC, appears a msg saing Kindlegem couldn´t be found in PATH and .MOBI conversions is disabled
gocarrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #514
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah. Then place it in /usr/local/bin directory.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:41 AM   #515
gocarrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocarrera View Post
I´m using Mac :/

I simply can´t figure it out. When I ran it, appears the message "Process complete", but when I open KCC, appears a msg saing Kindlegem couldn´t be found in PATH and .MOBI conversions is disabled
Anyway, I haven´t tried to place in the same folder. I´ll try it later.

Tks,
Advert
Old 05-14-2014, 08:42 AM   #516
gocarrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Ah. Then place it in /usr/local/bin directory.
Is this valid for MAC? If it is, I should open Package Contents in the applications folder?
Old 05-14-2014, 08:44 AM   #517
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Yes it is valid. And no - leave package alone.
That is path on your hard drive.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #518
Rumbah

Would it be possible to spawn the helper processes with low priority? With 300 pictures it slows my PC down considerably while converting
Old 05-17-2014, 12:30 PM   #519
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

4.1 release for Windows will do that.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:29 PM   #520
Rumbah

Wow, that was fast. Thanks. Just donated for your kind responses and your work.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #521
HiRsch
HiRsch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hey there,
I seem to have a problem with directories as input.

I have a directory with a bunch of .cbr files. When I select it through "add directory" KCC starts and says:

Source: directory name
Creating EPUB files
Source directory is empty.
Failed to create output file!
All jobs completed.

However, if I use "Add file" on the same directory and shift select all the .cbr files everything works flawlessly.

Any idea why the directory parsing does not work?

I am on Win7 64x, used 3.7.2 and just updated to 4.0.2 today and the problem occurred in both versions.

Cheers.
HiRsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:51 AM   #522
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

KCC don't parse non-image files in directory mode.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:07 AM   #523
HiRsch
HiRsch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
well, that explains it then ;-)
HiRsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:41 AM   #524
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

100 stars on GitHub!

Version 4.1 is out!
  • Thanks to code contributed by Kevin Hendricks speed of MOBI creation was greatly increased
  • Improved performance on Windows
  • Improved MOBI splitting and changed maximal size of output file
  • Fixed No optimization mode
  • Multiple small tweaks nad minor bug fixes

Two additional notes:
  • For some reason Avast and Windows Defender mark 32bit EXE as malware. That is false positive. I would suggest using some real AV software
  • Changes in MOBI creation process introduced some... confusion with covers in library cover view available on newer Kindle models. Please consult wiki if you want see anything more than generic cover.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 06-08-2014 at 03:44 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #525
almuric
Banned
almuric began at the beginning.

Device: magflalmVE
When I try to run it gives me this error in the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "kcc.py", line 74, in <module>
File "C:\Python34_64\lib\site-packages\zipextimporter.py", line 116, in load_module
zipimport.ZipImportError: can't find module kcc.KCC_gui

in 4.0.2 working without problems, someone have the KindleComicCreator win 4.0.2 installator?
almuric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools