Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch (Keeping Last Page on the screen in sleep mode)

Goal: The main idea is to keep last page on the screen instead of screensaver, when the Kindle Touch goes in sleep mode. It is very usefull, when to keep some notes, culinary books, sheet of music.
How to install:
Firstly, the GUI Launcher application is needed on Kindle Touch. Secondly, to unpack screensaver.tar.gz archive and to copy it to /mnt/us/extensions/ . The Submenu Scrensavers appears in menu Launcher with two commands Enable, Disable. A new file list_modules will appear after clicking on Enable/Disable in the directory /mnt/us/extensions/screensaver/bin. The file list_modules contains the list loaded modules in KT. The script load/unloads only standart screensaver and ad_screensaver modules. And if the KT uses another screensavers, it easly to extend the script screensaver.sh.

waiting comments...
Attached Files
File Type: gz screensaver.tar.gz (1.2 KB, 373 views)

Last edited by Ehhh; 02-23-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Ehhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
I think Yifan Lu's screensaver hack can already do this.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

The current scripts can load/unload scrensaver/ad_screensavers modules only.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
yahwing
Enthusiast
yahwing began at the beginning.

When I select "Disable" and then press the power button, the Screen Saver appear, instead of the last page, why? It seems doesn't work!
yahwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:45 AM   #5
Ehhh
Connoisseur

Thank you for testing it.. In my kindle it works well, this script unloads only screensaver and ad_screensaver modules. Do you have custom_sreensaver??? Could you run blanket.bin script in the terminal. It printf loaded modules in Kindle Touch, and gives result here. And i will fix ASAP.
Attached Files
File Type: bin blanket.bin (280 Bytes, 259 views)
Advert
Old 02-22-2012, 05:39 AM   #6
MatzeMatz
Enthusiast
MatzeMatz began at the beginning.

You can enable / disable the screensaver easily without unloading any module.
Disable Screensaver:
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1
Enable Screensaver:
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 0
There already exists a disable script "ds.sh" in /usr/bin which contains just the above line.
Add a corresponding enable script, add both (or the direct calls) to the GUI launcher or enable them as command for the "search field" and you're finished...

Easy - and no need to load / unload modules
MatzeMatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:45 AM   #7
MatzeMatz
Enthusiast
MatzeMatz began at the beginning.

Addition: after disabling the screensaver, the power button doesn't show the screensaver and also doesn't block the input!
So screen touches still lead to an reaction...
(until you re-enable the screensaver)
MatzeMatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:19 AM   #8
Ehhh
Connoisseur

It depends on what goal of task. Kindle Touch are still alive and doesn't go to sleep mode by using "lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1" . But when to unload modules, KT goes to sleep mode and safes battery.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
yahwing
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehhh View Post
Thank you for testing it.. In my kindle it works well, this script unloads only screensaver and ad_screensaver modules. Do you have custom_sreensaver??? Could you run blanket.bin script in the terminal. It printf loaded modules in Kindle Touch, and gives result here. And i will fix ASAP.
I find the reason and I fix it myself. The reason is that my KT only have ad_screensaver. Thank you very much for your script, it's very useful to me.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #10
yahwing
Enthusiast

Why I can't find the file list_modules?
Old 02-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #11
Ehhh
Connoisseur

I updated a new version of screensaver.tar.gz archive yesterday . It will create a list_modules file.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:31 AM   #12
yahwing
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehhh View Post
I updated a new version of screensaver.tar.gz archive yesterday . It will create a list_modules file.
I use your new version today, but I can't find it.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #13
Ehhh
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahwing View Post
I use your new version today, but I can't find it.
Thank you for your testing it. I've just fixed and updated archive.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #14
yahwing
Enthusiast

I just see your script, and I think your script still have problem. The last echo to the file didn't modify, it should be " echo $MODULE_LIST > $LIST_PATH/list_modules "
Old 02-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #15
yahwing
Enthusiast

And I still have a problem, the battery goes down quickly when my KT goes to sleep, I don't know whether it is caused by your script.