Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #151
koboaya
koboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Touch,Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbdsf View Post
Is it official or beta firmware ?
Cause 2.2.0 is always tested in beta group, and not yet released.
It's Offical.In Japan.
koboaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #152
Zurga
Zurga began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by echwel View Post
Apart from one spellingmistake ('Deinstaleren' has to be 'Deinstalleren' or even preferable 'Deïnstalleren') the translations were exactly as I had made them. I did not upload the file because I had to convince myself first that somebody did not upload dutch translations before.

Well, obviously now Zurga did. Thanks Zurga
Stupid mistake :P. I changed it to Deinstalleren, beacause i don't know how the plugin handles special characters. Here is the updated Dutch translation
Attached Files
File Type: txt dutch.txt (2.5 KB, 253 views)
Zurga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #153
koboaya
koboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animals

Hi.ikarus9999

I checked the Japanese mode of operation. No problem.

It is a great program. Thanks!

Well, there is a need one this amazing program.

Display strings defined in section CustomCommands ...
Do you can not be displayed in Japanese?

One more thing, I have a question.

Can I run a shell script using the "Plugin :: executeSystemCmd" command?

Example:
DataPathch = Plugin :: executeSystemCmd ("/mnt/onboard/ext/test.sh")

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #154
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboaya View Post
Hi.ikarus9999

I checked the Japanese mode of operation. No problem.

It is a great program. Thanks!

Well, there is a need one this amazing program.

Display strings defined in section CustomCommands ...
Do you can not be displayed in Japanese?

One more thing, I have a question.

Can I run a shell script using the "Plugin :: executeSystemCmd" command?

Example:
DataPathch = Plugin :: executeSystemCmd ("/mnt/onboard/ext/test.sh")

Thanks in advance.
All custom strings in the 'ini' file are not translated as I don't know what the user enters in there.

About the 'executeSystemCmd': Yes, can run a shell script using this command. Your example should work.
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #155
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurga View Post
Stupid mistake :P. I changed it to Deinstalleren, beacause i don't know how the plugin handles special characters. Here is the updated Dutch translation
I thought so, but I supposed mentioning the official spelling here would hopefully make ikarus9999 make a comment on it.

Thanks again for posting the right file.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #156
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyproy View Post
@Mrs_Often I'm afraid it's still not working

It's definitely the koboplugins.ini. and Kobo.tgz.that I'm manually moving to the .kobo folder, and it seems to install OK insofar that I get the updating screen once I unplug...it's just not firing up properly once I go in to a book and exit out of it...all very strange.

I don't want to pollute this thread with repeated requests for help, but will update if I make any progress from my side and can be of any assistance for anyone else with the same issue.
Sorry to hear you haven't got it working. It indeed does sound like it's installing properly. Very strange!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #157
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
It's Offical.In Japan.
Hey koboaya, could you please post which model you have, the release number (r44462?) and release date (from the device settings page) for the 2.2.0 release, so I can update the Direct Links thread.

Thanks
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #158
loco_diabolo
loco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo glo, kobo aura
hello out there,

just tested the new "japanese" firmware 2.2.0 on my kobo glo. I live in germany and so I use the german setting. After updating to 2.2.0, i now have a german "Kobo Glo". No more "Kobo Blo"! I don't if it was only a german mis-translating.

Now it says (in german):

Softwareversion: 2.2.0(r44462, 31.10.12)
Versionshinweise: VERSION 2.2.0 - 01.11.12
Auf ihrem eReader läuft jetzt die Softwareversion 2.2.0:
Damit können sie:
1. Profitieren sie von der verbesserten Titel-Darstellung
2. Synchronisieren Sie ihre Bibliothek auf eine SD-Karte,
wenn der Speicher auf ihrem Gerät nicht ausreicht

I think, this will be displayed in any other language the kobo glo uses.
Then I edited the koboplugins.ini with "compatFirmware=2.2.0". But to use the plugin I had to put the kobo.tgz inthe .kobo folder again.
Nothing (using of plugin) has changed, but now everything is "up to date"!!

@ikarus9999:
very good job! Thanks! Danke!
loco_diabolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #159
koboaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Hey koboaya, could you please post which model you have, the release number (r44462?) and release date (from the device settings page) for the 2.2.0 release, so I can update the Direct Links thread.

Thanks
I have a kobo touch.
Kobo glo I had reserved.
But I have not yet received · ·.

Kobo Touch version information is "r44462 12/10/31".

Thank you.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #160
BWinmill
Nameless Being

A huge thank-you to contributors on this thread. Not only do I have 2.2.0 (thus chess!) but a lovely set of tweaks that makes my ereader into an ereader (rather than a store).
Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #161
koboaya

I got the information had been "released FW2.2.1 official".
Was found something, I will post.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #162
koboaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post
All custom strings in the 'ini' file are not translated as I don't know what the user enters in there.

About the 'executeSystemCmd': Yes, can run a shell script using this command. Your example should work.
Thanks for the reply.

I rewrote the koboplugin.ini.

Reboot=Plugin::executeSystemCmd("/bin/busybox reboot")

再起動=Plugin::executeSystemCmd("/bin/busybox reboot")

Character of "再起動", but did not display correctly.

In addition, I have placed the script attached to the mnt / onboard / ext.
(Have to install sqlite3 in /bin)

I have successfully run the script directly in connection with Telnet.

Description of the INI file:
"DataPatch=Plugin::executeSystemCmd("mnt/onboard/ext/test.sh")"

But I failed.
What do you understand the problem?
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (336 Bytes, 269 views)
Old 11-16-2012, 05:19 AM   #163
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
I'm awaiting this with bated breath.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #164
azbdsf
Aka Redfish
azbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
2.2.1 was just started in beta group... not possible it is officialy released.
azbdsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #165
koboaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I'm awaiting this with bated breath.
・・・・・・・こっそり
(Secretly)

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.2.1.zip

not 'd'! it's 'j'!

and i can't found for kobo-touch(kobo3/Jordan/~)

Tags
kobo, plugin