Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
alboss
alboss began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Disembricking my Pocket eDGe

Hi, folks.

I bought a new Pocket eDGe a few weeks ago. I read the forums and got past the registration screen, no problem. I didn't try upgrading the OS or anything, just tried to get used to the device.

After a few days, it quit recharging. The LED went from green to red to blinking red to nothing at all.

I have tried, in every combination mentioned on every forum I could find:

* making sure the charger was not plugged into the headphone jack
* charging 2 hours
* charging 24 hours
* charging 48 hours
* powering on while plugged in to the charger
* powering on while not plugged in to the charger
* holding the power on switch for 60 seconds
* pushing the reset button with a paper clip
* pushing the reset button with a paper clip for 30 seconds
* powering on while holding "menu" and "rotate" buttons for 30 seconds

My luck's been consistently bad--I've had the same lack of results with everything I've attempted.

I am open to suggestions. Can anyone offer any assistance?

Best,

Al
alboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
At first I'd start with a charger: does it deliver the juice? It should be 12v.
Then, you might need to open the device and check a battery: does it accept the charge? Does it hold the charge?
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by alboss View Post
Hi, folks.

I bought a new Pocket eDGe a few weeks ago. I read the forums and got past the registration screen, no problem. I didn't try upgrading the OS or anything, just tried to get used to the device.

After a few days, it quit recharging. The LED went from green to red to blinking red to nothing at all.

I have tried, in every combination mentioned on every forum I could find:

* making sure the charger was not plugged into the headphone jack
* charging 2 hours
* charging 24 hours
* charging 48 hours
* powering on while plugged in to the charger
* powering on while not plugged in to the charger
* holding the power on switch for 60 seconds
* pushing the reset button with a paper clip
* pushing the reset button with a paper clip for 30 seconds
* powering on while holding "menu" and "rotate" buttons for 30 seconds

My luck's been consistently bad--I've had the same lack of results with everything I've attempted.

I am open to suggestions. Can anyone offer any assistance?

Best,

Al

You need to find someone with a multimeter and have them read the voltage coming out of the charger. Insert a paper clip into the center lead and clip the positive lead (red) of the multimeter to the paper clip and the negative lead (black) of the multimeter to the outer. Plug the charger in and look for 12 VDC.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
If the charger has failed, there are a couple threads here with links to substitutes. Also there was an ebay seller with 20 or so genuine ones for sale; that link is in one of the threads as well.

Edit:
Ebay: Genuine Original Entourage Pocket Edge Power Adapter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Orig...item4aaf54cb84

Normal disclaimers apply.

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 10-16-2011 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Added eBay link
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
mullinsronnie
mullinsronnie began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Al.

Sounds like your charger, is not working. Is the charger wram after its been hook up
to the wall plug? If so its is working.
After eEGe set for 2 or 3 hrs. Notice when you turn on your edge if the light flicked any at all. If it does the problem is in the charger. Easy fix just go to radio shack (take the old one with you.) Get a new one.
mullinsronnie
mullinsronnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery problem, boot, brick, charge, edge problems