Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
Cockeye
Cockeye began at the beginning.

Device: IPad
From zero to two ereaders in three days! :)

Hi all!

Just wanted to say hi. I come from Norwich in the UK and I am a very keen reader.

I bought an iPad on Friday and was showing it to my keen reader 80 year old Mum, who suffers from really bad arthritis. When she realized how easy it was to read she fell in love with it and asked me to buy her one. I couldn't afford two ipads unfortunately, but I have just bought her a second hand Sony PRS 505. I got this mainly as our local library lends ebooks and they will work with the Sony I believe (although they won't work with iPad).

So anyway - sorry if this has bored you. Consider this a hi and I hope you will all be understanding if I ask any stoopid questions in the first few weeks of ownership!
Cockeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
FarWest
FarWest began at the beginning.

Device: None
Welcome from San Diego. I'm new here myself, but people here are friendly and there's lots of great information.
FarWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!

It is a very good son / daughter that takes care of their mum.

I am sure she is very proud.

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #4
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hello and welcome to MR. Lots to learn on this site. Enjoy.

Joyce
Serendipity House
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
HI Cockeye and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
Wow. I bet your head is still spinning from the excitement.
Welcome to the forum.
Happy Reading to you and your mum.
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #7
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome to MR!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote