Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #31
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You've obviously never dealt with Bookeen, then .
No, I haven't had that pleasure!

I think I get more annoyed by this since my career has been in the customer service area from entry level to executive levels and I just can't believe any company can be this unresponsive. I can only hope they give more focus to their BTB market, otherwise no matter how unique their offering may be they simply won't survive. I believe they have great technology, but are clueless in how to run a business. I would love to get in there and just rip it apart and put it back together the way any decently run company should be.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:07 AM   #32
readingaloud
Enthusiast
readingaloud is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad; Sony Reader; Amazon Kindle
I've ordered three iLiads, two direct for iRex and one from eReader Outfitters (the last one I wanted delivered to the US, so it seemed to make sense to order from a US company).

I have had better luck with iRex. The iLiad ordered from eRO arrived without a charger adapter. I queried eRO about this, both by phone and by email and got no response whatever. I've let the matter drop because I actually have a couple of adapters that I got with the other units, but I would not order from them again.
readingaloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I believe they have great technology, but are clueless in how to run a business. I would love to get in there and just rip it apart and put it back together the way any decently run company should be.
I think that, unfortunately, it's a very common failing of small tech companies. Great at innovation, lousy at customer service.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:11 PM   #34
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think that, unfortunately, it's a very common failing of small tech companies. Great at innovation, lousy at customer service.
Very true. Typically why the startup folks are not the best ones to run an established business. Innovation is their strong suit, not operations.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:39 PM   #35
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
And, as a reminder, they didn't intend to be in the direct-to-consumer business in the first place.

I'm beginning to wonder if they moved support in-house because they didn't want to pay for it at all.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #36
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
Here is a crazy idea. Get to iRex through there partner. Call or email E- Ink. They maybe no better because they may say we are not their direct customer. However their sales depend on companies that can sell their product. If they are made aware of the non-existent customer service at iRex and how it is making one rethink E-ink products in general then maybe some pressure will come from a place iRex cannot ignore.

http://www.eink.com/contact/index.html
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #37
dobbyone
dobbyone began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, HTC Tytn II, DR1000S
What are you all whining about? Until the devices arrive nothing can be said about the quality of the support.
It was stated on the site (ships within 5-10 days). I've been patiently waiting 9 days for shipping confirmation, I can wait another 5 and then I'll get nervous.
dobbyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #38
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Those of us who ordered on 22 September have been waiting eleven business days.,
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #39
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
well, to play devil's Advocate/Tom Cruise:
"ships" != "arrives"
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #40
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
well, to play devil's Advocate/Tom Cruise:
"ships" != "arrives"
True. But one would assumed shipped == shipped. Irex has successfully disproved that theorem.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #41
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbyone View Post
What are you all whining about? Until the devices arrive nothing can be said about the quality of the support.
It was stated on the site (ships within 5-10 days). I've been patiently waiting 9 days for shipping confirmation, I can wait another 5 and then I'll get nervous.
It is more than the number of days. Almost all businesses will respond to an email even if it is just to say sorry for your wait the reader will be out soon or in X number of days. iRex just stops communicating. Karel on the iRex Forum is like a ground hog. He pops up for a moment then answers a few questions and returns back into the hole. Everyone on the iRex forum site is screaming to communicate with him. The guys title is iRex Community Manager. He isn't a programmer taking on the forum as a second job. I am sure he has other responsibilities but this is another example of amazingly bad, I mean the worst I have ever seen customer service. It is just pitiful. So it really doesn't matter if all we are doing is whining. It is the responsibility of iRex to respond, period.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #42
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbyone View Post
Also, for those who ordered on the 22nd the store indicated "in stock" at that point. The "ships in 5 to 10 days" didn't get placed on the site until a few days later. Delays happen, but they seem to happen with iRex much more frequently. In addition, their absolute lack of response to any inquiry frustrates many people and is just poor business practice.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #43
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
The business behaviour of irex reminds me of Apple. A lot of freaks who would buy anything offered new and they don´t care about customer service.

I suspected that behaviour before so don´t order yet. Relax and wait until they have their act together.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #44
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
I don't see how iRex is similar to Apple. And since when Apple doesn't care about customer service?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #45
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I don't see how iRex is similar to Apple. And since when Apple doesn't care about customer service?
For instance they don't care for older custormers. We have some PowerPC Macs at the university and they don't care to support Java 1.6 for that machines (only on Intel machines).

You can throw away your hardware and buy an Intel Mac?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote