Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-25-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
Bookworm5
Bookworm5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre - Kindle Fire HD - Filenaming: Author - Title

Hi everyone,

I just bought a brand new Kindle Fire HD, and I’m very excited to be adding my ebook collection to it. But I have been researching the web for the past week, and I have not been able to find the straight answers to it to a few questions I have in using Calibre. Please assist. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you ahead of time.

What I am trying to accomplish seems simple. I will transferring all of my .mobi files to Kindle via USB.

This is what I am trying to accomplish using Calibre to convert .mobi eBooks with the following filename output:

** Goal example:

Author first, then Title

* No subfolders
* No extra files

I’ve seen the final mobi files with “Author - Title” filenames created by others so I know it can be done, but I don’t know how. Please help. To accomplish this, I have a few questions:
………………………………………………….………………………………………………….

Questions:

1) How do I - *Convert* Filename output to: [author - first name, last name] - [title].mobi?

Author (first), then Title

I know that the current default is: [title] - [author]

Default name example:

2) When transferring ebooks to Kindle > Books via USB, it does not seem to recognize files within subfolders.

But when I use Calibre, especially the *Convert button, all the files created are put into subfolders. If I have a few hundred books, it gets tiring to extract all the .mobi files from all the subfolders.

How do I remove the creation of folders and subfolders and just have a list of .mobi files created (**and no other files) in one directory during conversion?

Default example with folder and subfolders:

3) I believe the current Calibre process is
1. Add files
2. Convert (*3 files are created) > Mobi
3. Save or Export (*2 more redundant files created).

Is it possible to reduce the number of steps to reduce *Redundancy of .mobi files created? I just want 1 file for each ebook.

See example in #2. These files are created when I click on Convert, and then again when I click on Save to disk.

4) What is the differences between New .mobi and Old .mobi? Does it display differently on the Kindle? If so, would it be better and more advantageous for me to convert all my ebooks using the New .mobi since I am using the Kindle Fire HD latest model?
Bookworm5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert, file name, filename, kindle fire hd, mobi