Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
bb63
bb63 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
How to not create folders on Nook?

not sure if this is the plugin (or how i'm using it) or if its a nook issue
my first gen nook finally died, and so now i've upgraded to the color, and was looking forward to being more organized. one of the things i've noticed, is that when i view the nook via my computer, my files are organized in folders by author, and each folder generally contains one or 2 books, rather than listing all my books by their titles. is there anyway to transfer books to the nook without the creation of all these folders? like i said, i'm not sure if its a nook issue or if its the reading list plugin. any advice would be greatly appreciated
bb63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@bb63 - I am moving this post to the Devices forum, it is nothing to do with the Reading List plugin. Most likely it will be your send to device settings for the folders you are setup to create, no doubt some other Nook owner or other expert can advise.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to preferences->Sending to device and change the template to generate whatever kind of file names you like.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
bb63
bb63 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Go to preferences->Sending to device and change the template to generate whatever kind of file names you like.
thank you, i will give that a try!
bb63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
Jorge Junior
Jorge Junior began at the beginning.

Device: Genesis GT-1230
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hi, kovidgoyal.

How do I get Calibre to send files to a specific folder?
I created the folder "MEUS E-BOOKS" and I'd like Calibre to save the ebooks in it every time a click "Send to device".

I did this, but it didn't work: {MEUS E-BOOKS}/{authors}/{title} - {authors}
Jorge Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Did you try MEUS E-BOOKS/{authors}/{title} - {authors} ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
Jorge Junior
Jorge Junior began at the beginning.

Device: Genesis GT-1230
Yes, PeterT.
It didn't work either. Calibre always saves the files to eBooks/import.
Jorge Junior is offline   Reply With Quote