Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
mockingbird
mockingbird began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx graphite
can't access settings and experimental page on kindle 3

everything in the menu from home works except settings and experimental. when i press settings, the home page appears while pressing experimental gives me a blank page. last thing i did was run ~exec nk following instructions from thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97745
i want to access the settings page so i can reset to factory settings and jailunbreak my kindle 3. is there any way i can reset to factory settings without doing it from the settings menu? i was excited about hacking but im only a noob and now i'm lost
mockingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Reboot the Kindle. Slide and hold the power switch for 20-30 seconds.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, mockingbird

If all else fails, go here, click on the "contact us" button on the right hand side, sign into your account and choose the 'call me' option. Some one will call you right back and walk you thru the process.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200503360

Sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
mockingbird
mockingbird began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx graphite
thanks for replying.
will they assist me knowing the unit is jailbroken? done rebooting but no change. it was perfectly working with all the new fonts and screensavers. anyway attached is the dump file in case one can find what's wrong. due to limitations i split it into 3 parts. i got the dumpfile by ;dumpMessages after i turned debug on and tried accessing settings and experimental page.
Attached Files
File Type: txt part1 - all_logs_as_of_Sat_Jan_09_18.29.15_GMT-05.55_2010.txt (781.9 KB, 474 views)
File Type: txt part2.txt (822.1 KB, 207 views)
File Type: txt part3.txt (882.2 KB, 205 views)
mockingbird is offline   Reply With Quote