Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-30-2008, 12:22 AM   #16
fifteenjugglers
fifteenjugglers doesn't litterfifteenjugglers doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Just formatted my 4GB SD card to FAT16... much quicker!

Thanx for the heads up!

15j
fifteenjugglers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #17
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
more info on this:

I was finally able to get my reader to read "most" of my books, I say most because I'm not sure which files are not being read and it may have something to do with those files.

I think it's a question of file access, instead of dumping my entire collection onto the card, I dumped a little at a time. Of 4.5 gigs on the MS, I dumped like 2.6 gigs, allowed it to read and preprocess and then dumped the rest. I also did a full shutdown on the second read.

For those of you using rsync, rsync --size-only --stats -P -L -v -v -r --whole-file seems to work best for me. The --whole-file option prevents any rsync algorithm so it should keep file access to a minimum.

Also, the partition type on the MS is fat16, just as a test, although it is formatted fat32.

More as I get it.
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert